Show Navigation Menu

Child Names

More
14 years 2 months ago #13687 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Languages
I like the weather girl named Blizzard. That's just depressing! But could you buy souvenirs that say \"Kay\" and add the \"e\" with sharpie pen? My cousin, who lives in Yorkshire, is named Kay!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #13718 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Languages
scootiebee wrote:

I like the weather girl named Blizzard. That's just depressing! But could you buy souvenirs that say \"Kay\" and add the \"e\" with sharpie pen? My cousin, who lives in Yorkshire, is named Kay!

'Kay' is surprisingly hard to find as well! :P There'll be no hope for my kids if I give them the names I plan on doing so..I'd love to have a girl called Envianna..And my guy wants 'Sephiroth' to either be the first name or middle name of a son (we'd just shorten it to 'Seth' for everyday use). 'Marcus' would be the only one who'd have a chance of getting souvenirs with his name on.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Envy.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13738 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Languages
Believe a newspaper (which has a little funny part with different tales) told about a few more interesting names... like \"Hula does the hula dance on Hawaii\" (with more rythm, don't remember correctly) and \"Busstop number 17\". There where also a teacher names Z. ONLY \"Z\", first and last name in one letter. From Australia, where they don't have so many laws of names... Like in Sweden. I can't even add and 'h' to my last name, because 'it isn't necessary'...

And guess most heard about the kids names Adolf Hitler and other german WW2 names? Got a big page in the papers here at least.

And really, you'd think my name's easy to find, but nope... always sold out. Not that I want something with my name on tho... but still...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 2 months ago #13777 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Languages
CorpseQueen wrote:

And guess most heard about the kids names Adolf Hitler and other german WW2 names? Got a big page in the papers here at least.

Ah I heard about that..I feel really sorry for those children..It was something like 'Adolf Hitler' and something 'Aryan Nation' wasn't it? Disgusting name choice..So disrespectful..

More
14 years 2 months ago #13790 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Languages
I have found, though, with a hard-to-find name that they do often sell \"blank\" souvenirs, especially at the local Hallmark card shops, that you can fill in yourself with a nice paint pen. We have several things like this. Names all around the world are becoming more international, with people of all cultures living all over the place, local souvenir shops would go crazy trying to accommodate everyone.

I can believe that people who hate would name their kids after their own ideals. I can definitely imagine little Adolfs and Aryans running around. Neo-Nazis are generally disrespectful people.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33974 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Child Names
Basically I opened the thread to merge some of the off-topic discussion from the old language thread into here.

You can go on and discuss names here:
Which name would you like to give your future child or for those who already have children - how did you choose the name, which one did you give etc.

You know the routine. ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds