Show Navigation Menu

Absinthe

More
14 years 6 months ago #7425 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Absinthe
SkieShauphen wrote:

I don't think so. Moonshine is illegal in all aspects, at least in America so you'd have to buy if from a mountain man or something.

There is a type of moonshine that you can buy in the liquor stores in Prince Edward Island. I've tried it, and it's pretty fiery. I'm not sure how it differs from the homemade stuff... probably just that the government is getting their cut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7430 by SkieShauphen
Well that's how it is with all illegal drunks and alcohols. If the government can't tax it, then they just make it illegal. But straight country moonshine will make you go blind. My friend's father drank some the day before his 18th birthday and blacked out for 3 days. He completely missed his birthday haha

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7478 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Absinthe \"again\"...
First, moonshine is not illegal, but selling alcohol without paying the required taxes and conforming to liquor laws is.

Yes, the Junior Johnson who just made the NASCAR hall of fame is the maker of some very fine moonshine. www.piedmontdistillers.com/main.php

Juniors stuff is called Midnight Moon. I had some at the All Star Race in Charlotte last year. Yes, he had a booth set up at the race!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7502 by SkieShauphen
Terribly sorry, you are correct.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7617 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Absinthe
scootiebee wrote:

First, moonshine is not illegal, but selling alcohol without paying the required taxes and conforming to liquor laws is.

Yes, the Junior Johnson who just made the NASCAR hall of fame is the maker of some very fine moonshine. www.piedmontdistillers.com/main.php

Juniors stuff is called Midnight Moon. I had some at the All Star Race in Charlotte last year. Yes, he had a booth set up at the race!

Thanks for the info... I'll have to look for that, just cause of who he is. Did you get to meet him at the All Star Race?

More
14 years 6 months ago #7683 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Absinthe
No, but we met Carl Edwards, Bobby Labonte, and Matt Kensith. We also walked right past Kurt Busch. I also went to a baseball game with Kasey Kahne once. It was a contest from Sprint, and we got to sit in the hospitality suite at a Nationals game with like 50 people and chat with him. But, Go Tony Stewart! Threw that in for my husband's benefit. We usually only go to the race in Dover, Delaware, because that is closest to our house, but that's where I met Matt Kensith. You can meet a lot of drivers at a race. We saw Elliot Sadler, Ryan Newman, Mark Martin, and a bunch of others at the last race about a month ago.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds