Show Navigation Menu

Absinthe

More
14 years 6 months ago #7386 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Absinthe
Thurysaz wrote:

legends about the Absinthe, since it was the subject of this article ...

As some have said, what made them mad Absinteurs of the old days was not absinthe, but ... The laudanum they put on their sugars.

Mes hommages.

T.

This is true, watch the movie \"From Hell\" with Johnny Depp. Paints a very vivid picture of Abstinthe and opium use back then.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7390 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Absinthe
If it is just alcohol content, I have had the famous redneck southern US White Lightning, 100% grain alcohol. You only need a shot in a pitcher of margaritas, and everyone will be rolling on the floor. Not kidding about the floor. My mom found me out on the front walkway to our house passed out. I don't remember how I got there.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7393 by SkieShauphen
Holy shit!! Tell me about it. I had a sip of that stuff once in Dallas. ZOMG I nearly died after drinking a 5th of vodka and several shots of Hott Damn. If you're going to drink it...only drink that! NOthing else. It'll fux ur world upppp

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #7407 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Absinthe \"again\"...
Yup. The stuff I had was made by a friend of my step-father, in Tennessee. Whoa boy. This was about 16 or 17 years ago, but I remember only vague things about that whole night, like wading in the swimming pool. But I have absolutely no memory of being on the sidewalk. The next thing I remember is my boyfriend at the time shoving me in the shower, and trying to force-feed me coffee. I couldn't stand up, but I remember lying in the shower for what seemed like a very long time. It think is was a combination of drugs and tequila, and the white lightening, though.

The stuff is dangerous though, and can cause blindness. Not worth the risk. I like Junior Johnson's moonshine, though.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by scootiebee.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7412 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Absinthe
scootiebee wrote:

I like Junior Johnson's moonshine, though.

As in, NASCAR Junior Johnson? Is it available in stores?

Personally, I think tequila is vile! I only drank it once, and it really did a number on me. I don't usually get hangovers, but I was wrecked the next day from that stuff.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7421 by SkieShauphen
I don't think so. Moonshine is illegal in all aspects, at least in America so you'd have to buy if from a mountain man or something.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds