Show Navigation Menu

Absinthe

More
14 years 8 months ago #553 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Absinthe
i completely agree with you on that. i found the taste to be absolutely disgusting. the way you describe the taste it sounds like it's a lot better than ouzo. i will never drink that stuff again. :P i really appreciate your opinion. thank you. :)

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #554 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:Absinthe
Anytime! And yeah, ouzo is horrible :P

The dream is alive...

More
14 years 8 months ago #563 by Atanasia_Luiza_Lupei
Replied by Atanasia_Luiza_Lupei on topic Re:Absinthe
well as I said before, if you get the yellow or the red kinds of absinthe the licorice taste won't be so harsh. and as far as ouzo goes, I like it but it's not the same as absinthe for me. And I would reccommend only getting absinthe if it's at a 68% alcohol level. You can get much higher-up to 250%-but any higher than 68% and it ruins the overall taste of it.

:blush:

dracu lupei

More
14 years 8 months ago #564 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:Absinthe
The most commonly available one in Slovakia back when i still lived there was about 70-72% (your classic green version) and it was still pretty good, of course the lower ABVs burn a tinge less but nothing significant. I agree with you on the red and yellow kinds though, they seemed a bit....sweeter to me, in a way, I wouldnt really know how to explain it. Don't really drink it anymore these days :)

The dream is alive...

More
14 years 8 months ago #567 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Absinthe
hmmm, the red or yellow absinthe. well i guess i will have to go with one of those then. as far as preparing the drink, how would either of you best prepare it? or does it all depend on your personal taste?

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 8 months ago #568 by LadyInBlack
Replied by LadyInBlack on topic Re:Absinthe
Traditionally, absinthe is prepared by placing a sugar cube on top of a specially designed slotted spoon and then placing the spoon on the glass which has been filled with a shot of absinthe. Ice-cold water is then poured or dripped over the sugar cube so that the water is slowly and evenly displaced into the absinthe, typically 1 part absinthe and 3 to 5 parts water.I like it that way. But like you said it depends on your personal taste.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds