Show Navigation Menu

Eating Habits

More
13 years 7 months ago #25424 by Zilknitha
Replied by Zilknitha on topic Re:Eating Habits
Noramlly, beacuse i'm a student away from home and noraml rules have to be suspended i generaly eat pasta and cheese. I noramly only eat once a day and eat twice at the weekends. It varies of course depending on whats cheapest to buy and avadiblity. Uist is a good one for that when the supermarket...or any kind of market is miles away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25427 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Eating Habits
Here in Australia, dinner is the biggest meal of the day. Lunch is usually just a sandwich or some take away food. Many people have either a small or no breakfast. I like to have small snacks throughout the day.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 7 months ago #25448 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Eating Habits
In eastern Canada, the meals are usually called breakfast, lunch and supper, with supper being the biggest meal for most people. Which is really backwards, when you think about it... you should eat the majority of your calories earlier in the day, when you're more active. If you eat a big meal around 5 or 6 pm, and then sit around watching TV all evening, you're not really using any of those calories and are more likely to store them as fat. Eating breakfast is good for dieting, for the same reason... whatever you eat that early in the day, is more likely to be used up by your daily activities.

I always eat breakfast, then I try to eat something every 4 or 5 hours throughout the day. I drink lots of water as well (except when it's really cold in the house and I just can't stand it), and try not to eat within a couple of hours before going to sleep. I do have treats quite often as well, but I try not to go too crazy with junk food. I think you're better off to have a small amount of what you're craving, and really savour it, rather than trying to resist temptation completely, and really pigging out when you finally crack.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25456 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Eating Habits
:P Hehe..Regarding water..That's an interesting point.

Being brought up in a Cantonese household, we've always boiled water and either drank it hot or let it cool down before drinking - Usually there's a jug for cooled water and then fresh water is constantly on the boil for people who want hot water (usually the older generation).

:silly: I've been brought up one step further..Our family got into the habit of filtering, then boiling, then cooling down/drinking hot..So now I can't stand plain water from taps.

Having water filtered once before being boiled really changes the texture. It was very odd when we first added the filter kettle to the equation. Water tasted...Almost..Slimy. :woohoo:

More
13 years 7 months ago #25458 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Eating Habits
The tap water around my place is perfectly clean and drinkable. I've always wondered though, why do (generally Asian) people boil water, cool it, and then drink it? I've never understood this. We always have our kettle on the boil, but that's because it's for tea and coffee.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #25461 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Eating Habits
It helps to purify it.

I've mentioned this before but I only drink bottled water. Drinking less now due to the weather getting colder.

As for my eating habits, they're generally not the best, I often miss breakfast completely (due to sleeping) so I wake up to lunch, normally. Then I'll have dinner (usually small) anywhere from 6-9pm with random snacking throughout the day.

I really need to start thinking about what I eat...
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Kuroboshi.

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds