Show Navigation Menu

Eating Habits

More
13 years 5 months ago #27692 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Eating Habits
:P I pretty much refuse to eat a McDonalds these days because I just can't stand the smell. It never bothered me that much whilst I was young, but as I got older, it's bugged me more and more, to the point where the smell is just revolting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #27701 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Eating Habits
Envy wrote:

:P I pretty much refuse to eat a McDonalds these days because I just can't stand the smell. It never bothered me that much whilst I was young, but as I got older, it's bugged me more and more, to the point where the smell is just revolting.

I haven't been so close to a McDonalds to feel the smell in ages, so I can't say something about that, but what makes McDonalds repulsive to me is what I've heard from people working there and what sometimes is written in the media.
Just recently I've read that some Amreican artist(?) bought one of those Happy Meals and put it on a plate, photographed it and left it on that plate for a month, photographing it once every week. The food didn't change shape, didn't become mouldy or start to smell. It just ended up hard as a rock, but it looked the same as on the day it was bought. Just from that it's easy to guess how much additives are in it. :S
Something that I was told from friends that worked there, is that those hamburgers are often so heavily frozen that they can't easily divide then, so they throw them against the wall or floor till they come apart... :S
When I was a kid, McDonalds just arrived to Croatia, it was something new and what you only knew from American movies, all the kids wanted to have some toy from those Happy Meals, and no-one really knew how bad the food is. Overall at that time people were less concious about the quality of food they eat...
Everybody with whom I spoke hates McDonalds, but still those bloody restaurants are sprouting all around the world like mushrooms after rain...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27707 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Eating Habits
I don't overeat, and i don't go out of the way to get something greasey, but when something is oily or greasey, then that's how i like to eat it. I don't do it a lot cos it's not often i can afford to, and i do know the health risk. i tend to stay at the same build, and have done for about 8 years. i went through a phase when i tried dieting, and couldn't lose any weight, but i've also gone through a phase where i would pretty much eat all day and i never gained any either. I didn't mean to come over as being greedy

More
13 years 5 months ago #27714 by Envy
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howa...rom-a-McDonalds.html

You might be interested in that. It's a pretty sickening statistic. :P Glad I don't live in America for that reason - I'd feel ill just seeing so many places selling food/McDonalds on the roads everyday.

I've also seen a lot in the media about the preservatives in McDonalds meals. One person left a happy meal on their window sill and took a picture..Then took another picture of it one year later and kept written observations over that year. I recall that they wrote no bugs etc. even touched it.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28686 by Envy
Hm.

What do you guys typically have for breakfast?

Just curious. I found a box of 'Honey Loops' in the cupboard today, so I was pretty ecstatic, but I can't have cereal as a first meal of the day (lactose, can't handle it) so I had a bowl after college. My breakfast has to be lactose-free, so I'm just looking for new ideas..Bored of having bread.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28696 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Eating Habits
Envy wrote:

Hm.

What do you guys typically have for breakfast?

Just curious. I found a box of 'Honey Loops' in the cupboard today, so I was pretty ecstatic, but I can't have cereal as a first meal of the day (lactose, can't handle it) so I had a bowl after college. My breakfast has to be lactose-free, so I'm just looking for new ideas..Bored of having bread.

I can't eat diary stuff right away in the morning (or anything really) because I have to wait a least half an hour for my meds to kick in. (I've got hypothyroidism, bugger really)
I usually have bread with some spread or cereals. Depending on the cereals, I have them with milk, yoghurt or soak them in my favourite fruit tea or a a mix of fruit juice and water.
If I'm in a hurry I just grab some fruit and maybe a small pack of integral crackers that I can munch while waiting for the tram. (Usual scenario when I've overslept and am late for lectures :S)
Lately I've been soaking 2 table spoons of integral sesame and flax seeds a night before in water and then mixing them in the morning for breakfast with yoghurt, a bit of honey and cinnamon. I've read that the mix is good in reducing cholesterol and a bunch of other things...

Envy, what about substituting lactose products with soy milk, soy yoghurt etc. or buying the lactose free milk?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds