Show Navigation Menu

Eating Habits

More
13 years 6 months ago #25973 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re:Eating Habits
i agree, that menu looks awesome :lol: no disrespect intended, but why is it called \"happy pigeon\"? i'm sure the pigeon isn't happy, it's about to be eaten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #25974 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Eating Habits
King Pete wrote:

i agree, that menu looks awesome :lol: no disrespect intended, but why is it called \"happy pigeon\"? i'm sure the pigeon isn't happy, it's about to be eaten

:woohoo: We were all pondering over the same thing, haha!

Especially as the pieces of pigeon came complete with heads that did not look very happy. I guess it would've ruined the wedding mood if it had been called unhappy pigeon. :P

EDIT:

Remembered something else. It's just past the Chinese mid-Autumn festival so my mother's bought a load of 'mooncakes'. Usually eaten during the festival, but they're cheaper just after it. They're made of lotus paste (usually with a duck egg yolk in there somewhere, the more yolks = the more expensive) with the outside made of pastry.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25979 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Eating Habits
Envy wrote:

EDIT:

Remembered something else. It's just past the Chinese mid-Autumn festival so my mother's bought a load of 'mooncakes'. Usually eaten during the festival, but they're cheaper just after it. They're made of lotus paste (usually with a duck egg yolk in there somewhere, the more yolks = the more expensive) with the outside made of pastry.

How does lotus paste taste? I never had it and can't imagine it what so ever.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25986 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

How does lotus paste taste? I never had it and can't imagine it what so ever.

Hah, it's awfully tricky to even attempt to explain..It's very mushy, as paste would be..Sort of sweet. Has a certain taste that you couldn't really compare to something 'normal'. :woohoo:

More
13 years 6 months ago #26024 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Eating Habits
I tried a mooncake once - not one with an egg yolk in it. It was interesting, but not really my thing. Though I am glad that tried it, it sated my curiosity.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #26028 by Envy
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

I tried a mooncake once - not one with an egg yolk in it. It was interesting, but not really my thing. Though I am glad that tried it, it sated my curiosity.

:P How would you describe the lotus paste?

When I think about it, I recall hating mooncakes as a kid.

I hated a lot of food as a kid. :blink: Now, I eat quite a lot compared..
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds