Show Navigation Menu

What's your most recent purchase? (Non-Alchemy)

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #34734 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

I'll probably go for the first ones becasue the others are pre-order items. :S The 2nd ones were on sale in another leather option (not this shiny stuff), but they didn't have my size. There is a matt version of 2nd but I'm not sure really... :huh:

I'd go for the first ones! :P They're so cute! And you can get them now (?).

Though I'm very biased as I love taller boots. Not really a fan of the shorter kind.

I think I'm really going to get the 1st ones (they aren't pre-order, so I can get them right away).
I wanted some plain ones which I could dress up and down, and the new boots are a replacement for my old 14-eyelet Doc's.
They don't make Dr Marten's as they used to. My old doc's which were made in the UK are still in a great condition, but the ones from Thailand which are younger are already for the rubbish bin (they are in fact getting replaced by the New Rocks).

Now I just have to find some place which sells those boots at a reasonable price.
At the official site they are 190.90 EURO + 37.70 p&p + 41.15 tax = 269.75 EURO. Bloody expensive!!! :S
Found one site where they are 125.98 euro + 15 p&p = 140.98 euro + probably some ?? euro tax at our customs office because they don't calculate the tax at that site beforehand... Hmm...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34738 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I think I'm really going to get the 1st ones (they aren't pre-order, so I can get them right away).
I wanted some plain ones which I could dress up and down, and the new boots are a replacement for my old 14-eyelet Doc's.
They don't make Dr Marten's as they used to. My old doc's which were made in the UK are still in a great condition, but the ones from Thailand which are younger are already for the rubbish bin (they are in fact getting replaced by the New Rocks).

Now I just have to find some place which sells those boots at a reasonable price.
At the official site they are 190.90 EURO + 37.70 p&p + 41.15 tax = 269.75 EURO. Bloody expensive!!! :S
Found one site where they are 125.98 euro + 15 p&p = 140.98 euro + probably some ?? euro tax at our customs office because they don't calculate the tax at that site beforehand... Hmm...

Oo..I've never bought a pair of Docs just because they really don't suit me. :woohoo: With that new information in mind, I probably won't ever be buying.

>.< Generally I don't ever buy from official sites because they tend to be the most expensive of all! But if it lasts a decent amount of time and if the boots are worn enough to justify the cost, go for it. :P

More
12 years 8 months ago #34742 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Oo..I've never bought a pair of Docs just because they really don't suit me. :woohoo: With that new information in mind, I probably won't ever be buying.

>.< Generally I don't ever buy from official sites because they tend to be the most expensive of all! But if it lasts a decent amount of time and if the boots are worn enough to justify the cost, go for it. :P

haha You really don't have to bother with Docs now, trust me. My friends have also complained about the drop in quality over the years and they never even had a pair from the UK. I got my first doc's when I was like 10 or something, ages ago. :silly:

I was first thinking about getting just a new pair of my old Doc's, but then I thought about the quality and how New Rocks are more comfortable and how in fact I've been in my lila Rock's almost the whole winter and the only thing that bothered me about them is that they are lila and that I can't wear them with everything. :S

I'm just going to wait a bit and see if I can find some discount code for that shop before I order.

Back on topic:
I bought this Living Dead Souls top. :)

It's like 4 pounds cheaper then the one that Envy bought, but form the same ebay seller. The fact that my Lippy top turned out big gave me the courage to finally order it. If it's going to fit I may buy the sleeveless one too. ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:

More
12 years 8 months ago #34743 by Envy
Ooh I love it!

I was thinking of getting that one too, haha! But I decided I spent way too much already this week and I need to have enough to spend next week when results come out. Whether results are good or bad, I'm gonna be buying something to either cheer myself up or give myself a pat on the back. :woohoo:

Not decided what yet. Probably some new textbooks, uni things, some new games..:P I don't have much time before I have to get over to Hong Kong..

More
12 years 8 months ago #34752 by firensia
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

haha You really don't have to bother with Docs now, trust me. My friends have also complained about the drop in quality over the years and they never even had a pair from the UK. I got my first doc's when I was like 10 or something, ages ago. :silly:

I was first thinking about getting just a new pair of my old Doc's, but then I thought about the quality and how New Rocks are more comfortable and how in fact I've been in my lila Rock's almost the whole winter and the only thing that bothered me about them is that they are lila and that I can't wear them with everything. :S

I bought the Womens 1914 Doc Marten boot a couple years ago but never wore it. The quality does seem a bit shabby for the price I paid. I almost thought it was a fake because it was made in Thailand not the UK until I learned they had outsourced production. Definitely a disappointment. There really needs to be more Alternative/Gothic footwear companies. Pleaser and Demonia are okay but they are not exactly everyday wear due to some of the styles.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 8 months ago #34816 by Madam_Mim
I just bought SuckerPunch on Blu-ray and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie again :side:

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds