Show Navigation Menu

What's your most recent purchase? (Non-Alchemy)

More
11 years 8 months ago #38512 by cemwerewolf
180 if you can believe it! I didn't even realize how many there were until I started counting what I already had awhile back. The obsession started as a combination of my husband having me read the original trilogy and a friend giving me a bunch of old books including some Dragonlance. I just got hooked on how big the world was. Since then I've been steadily picking up more, mostly at used bookstores, whenever I found them. Only in the last few months I shopped the final few harder to find volumes online and this was the very last one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #38513 by black_magnolia
wow! 180 books! That's a really big collection. Congrats on getting them all together. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia. Reason: bloody typo

More
11 years 8 months ago #38514 by iHauntTheSepulchre
black_magnolia wrote:

wow! 180 books! That's a really big collection. Congrats on getting the all together. :)

Indeed!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #38539 by black_magnolia
I bought two Hell Bunny dresses (still haven't arrived, but I hope the post office won't lose them). :)
Basically I lost some more weight over the summer and pretty much figured that most of my old clothes are a size or two too big, so I thought I could take a chance and order a Hell Bunny dress (didn't dare earlier as I feared they would be just too small a fit like the Living Dead Souls brand).

The blue one was extremely reduced and I bought it first just to see how it would fit, even though it's not my colour. Then the black one turned up on ebay as an auction and I couldn't resist as I had my eye on it for a long time but just couldn't justify the price or the risk that it wouldn't fit. :silly:

And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #38543 by firensia
@ black_magnolia

I love the style of those, particularly the second one although I'm not a fan of patterns. If it were a solid color, I'd want to buy one for myself. :)

I've been doing some Summer dress shopping of my own as well due to it being heatwave weather here (will the heat never cease?!) So far, I bought these:

Warning: Spoiler!

Also bought this trench coat:

Warning: Spoiler!

I plan on wearing the red dress under the coat so a little bit of it peeks out of the asymmetric part at the front of the coat.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by firensia.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #38551 by black_magnolia
haha :P I have a load of solid colour (black) dresses, can't even find my way through them anymore. Don't know if I just need a bigger wardrobe or get rid of some clothes... :huh:

Love your new coat! :) I have a similar coat too, just that it's now a bit too big for me (will try to get a seamstress to fix it). The dresses are lovely too, although I'd prefer them with some kind of straps. :silly:

And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds