Show Navigation Menu

Your Creativity

More
12 years 7 months ago #35203 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: Your Creativity
That's so pretty! I love it!

Another place to get miniature decorations is perhaps toyshops and paces that sell to the model railway hobbyists - lots of little diddy fences, hedgerows, cows, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35205 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Your Creativity
janelle hell wrote:

Last night, I finished the Halloween trees & houses that I was working on. The houses are made from recycled Priority Mail boxes :lol:

I love this! Also, it being from recycled material is a plus. Who says it can't be cute and environmentally friendly at the same time? :laugh:

Envy wrote:

Somehow reminds me of some of the miniature bonsai tree decorations you can get here in HK..I really want to buy some but they're pricey. It's stuff like little farmers and cows etc. to put under a bonsai tree that adds to the small-and-cute factor.

I had a bonzai tree once! They're really beautiful if you can get them to stay small but still flourish. Unfortunately, mine died. I don't have a green thumb at all. I'm really not so lucky with plants. :(

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 7 months ago #35207 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re: Your Creativity
Thanks all for your kind words :kiss:

Envy, I know of exactly the bonsai decorations you speak of...I used to work in a plant nursery, and part of my job description was ordering those and various bonsai containers from a company in Japan that made them. It was really amzing how much detail went into the tiny houses & bridges & stuff.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35226 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Your Creativity
DarkFlights wrote:

Another place to get miniature decorations is perhaps toyshops and paces that sell to the model railway hobbyists - lots of little diddy fences, hedgerows, cows, etc.

Hmm..Wonder how pricey those are.

I used to buy lots of miniature model building kits and they were always super-expensive. :S I wouldn't think that they'd be much less pricey than the bonsai decorations here.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35235 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re: Your Creativity

Next month, I'm entering a My Little Pony - themed cake in the state fair; today, I started making the Ponies. After these dry, they'll get eyeballs, eyelashes & 'cutie marks' (the heart & star designs on their butts :P ) put on with royal icing. They were made with an icing/technique of using the icing called \"Color Flow\".

More
12 years 7 months ago #35239 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Your Creativity
Awww! Those two are adorable, Janelle! :) and make me crave cake now... :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds