Show Navigation Menu

Your Creativity

More
12 years 7 months ago #34981 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: Your Creativity
DarkFlights - you should be painting helmets for a living

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34983 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Your Creativity
DarkFlights, no need to apologise! It's encouraged to rather post in old threads then open double-threads for the same topic.

I love the tarantula! Made me laugh! :) Brilliant idea!

Otherwise the industrial-style gargoyle is my favourite. ;)

Hope to see more of your work! As firensia said, the album is set to private so we can't have a look... too bad... :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34988 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: Your Creativity
Oh dear, I could have sworn it was public! I will go and correct that now, it will be easier than [posting too much on here.

Would you believe, that helmet was my first attempt? I'd never done anything like it before, but a lovely friend of mine gave me an Iwata airbrush and a compressor as payment for a painting for a friend of his. :)

Another airbrush picture, canvas this time, props to anyone who can identify the gun ;) ;

More
12 years 7 months ago #34995 by DarkFlights

More
12 years 7 months ago #34996 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Your Creativity
Wow! Those are tiny! How do you make them? Which material do you use?

I absolutely adore the dragon one! :)

btw. uploading pictures directly to the forum is explained in the Forum Guidelines

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34997 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: Your Creativity
Ah, thankyou, I'll check those out again, I couldn't remember how to do uploading.

These are made out of something called green stuff, which can be bought from loads of suppliers but is used mostly by modellers for the wargaming companies. It's trade name is Kneadatite, and it's just a two-part putty that you knead together to make a sort of gooey, chewing-gum like ball, which can be sculpted, poked, scratched, etc. It takes fine detail very well.

I am looking into getting these cast in pewter, maybe to make my own jewellery. I'm planning on adding more British mammals, then doing more little dragons, maybe basing them more on insects for the wing designs. Got loads of ideas, it's just time, what with full time work, that is short. But I work quite fast, I think each of these took no longer than an hour and a quarter to sculpt - I'm so impatient, I have to get things done in one go or I find it difficult to return to them, so miniature items are really rewarding for me to make. :)

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds