Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
13 years 5 months ago #27090 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/artic...=5&objectid=10683885

Uh..I always knew technology was dangerous. :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27100 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

I'm sorry for the woman, but I think she should have seen that coming, maybe not a sex attack (this is a bit extreme), but she could have been easily hit by a car or robbed. Plain common sense would have saved her if she had some...

We just recently had in the news a local girl that got hit by a train and fortunately survived. She was crossing the train tracks at night when the ramp was down with her head stuck under a hoodie (they didn't say if she was listening to a mp3, probably she did because you cannot not hear a bloody train!).
Hell, how stupid can people get...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27113 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: What's in the news?
Envy wrote:

That's why I never wear headphones when I'm out walking. Not so much that I'm worried about being attacked, it's more that I need to listen for cars, and be prepared to duck far off to the side of the road if necessary. Especially when the big trucks go by, I like to be as far out of their way as possible.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27124 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
:P I used to be a very silly child..My eyesight was just starting to go (I refused to wear glasses at the time), and I had a habit of putting in my music super-loud whilst walking to school (I'm now slightly deaf in one ear)..I can't count the amount of times I've nearly been ran over during that period of my life, haha.

I recall one time, I wasn't aware of a car driving towards me as I crossed the road until the bumper nudged my leg as the driver slammed on the brakes. Straight after that, I pretty much walked straight into a stationary van. That was the day I decided I really should start wearing glasses. :woohoo: Lesson learnt.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #27329 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: What's in the news?
This has been in the news here recently...

A couple in their 70s won over $11 million dollars in the lottery, and they've given all of it away... some to family, and also to various charities and other worthy causes. They said they didn't need it, and were happy to be able to make a difference by sharing it.

thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1210191.html
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Morgana.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27342 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

This has been in the news here recently...

A couple in their 70s won over $11 million dollars in the lottery, and they've given all of it away... some to family, and also to various charities and other worthy causes. They said they didn't need it, and were happy to be able to make a difference by sharing it.

thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1210191.html

Wow! That's so kind of them! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds