Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
13 years 7 months ago #25644 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

*Bump*

Here's an interesting article I saw today. I wonder if the woman was on to something. The title caught my eye. :P

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11401167

('Courgette' appears to be 'zucchini' in American terms..Just noticed that when I saw American versions of the same story.)

Doesn't really sound like that big of a story.

Here the news are mostly focused about the two MiG-s that crashed during a regular air force exercise. The whole thing is still under investigation, but in my opinion it is getting time to replace the flying museum that we have with some new planes. :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25723 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:What's in the news?
Omg devastating, something similar happened here a few months ago...same problem :( poor people.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
13 years 7 months ago #25744 by Poledra1a
Replied by Poledra1a on topic Re:What's in the news?
I actually intensly dislike AFL but yesterday's draw in the Grand Final, and subsiquent need for a rematch next weekend due to stupid rules, made me chuckle;

www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27756683-5018851,00.html

And also stun guns for teachers - lol;

www.news.com.au/national/leaked-document...frfkvr-1225929442602

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25749 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's in the news?
Stun-guns for teachers! I love it! :woohoo:

More
13 years 7 months ago #25760 by black_magnolia
millkins wrote:

Omg devastating, something similar happened here a few months ago...same problem :( poor people.

Fortunately the pilots managed to eject before the planes crashed into a mine field. :S They really had a lot of luck, no major injuries.
One civilian who was standing, two kilometres form the crash sight, on a field, got hit by the bits of the plain and had worse injuries then the pilots, but the doctors saved her arm and she's now recovering.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25769 by gaelquereth
Replied by gaelquereth on topic Re:What's in the news?
Yesterday, a 41-year-old woman who conspired to murder her husband and stepson was executed in the US state of Virginia. She used sex and cash to persuade hitmen to kill her family in 2002. She was the first woman to be put to death in the US for five years and in Virginia since 1912.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds