Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
12 years 9 months ago #34384 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

I noticed something had happened in Norway becasue of some of my facebook friends, but I didn't watch any news so I didn't know any details.

Sounds horrible!

I think there was also some terrorist attack in Oslo the same day?

Yeah, there was a bombing I think, outside some government buildings? But I recall it killed about..7 ish people, compared to the 80+ kids that were killed on the island..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #34387 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

I noticed something had happened in Norway becasue of some of my facebook friends, but I didn't watch any news so I didn't know any details.

Sounds horrible!

Yeah, there was a bombing I think, outside some government buildings? But I recall it killed about..7 ish people, compared to the 80+ kids that were killed on the island..

I'm really curious now about those news. I hope our news won't be just about Goran Hadžić's arrest.
Which reminds me that I should turn on the tv now. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #34389 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Sounds horrible!

I'm really curious now about those news. I hope our news won't be just about Goran Hadžić's arrest.
Which reminds me that I should turn on the tv now. :silly:

Norwegian police have arrested a 32nd year-old Norwegian of both the bomb in Oslo and the shooting on the island Utøya. He has admitted that it was he who shot all those on Utøya.
So far, 92 dead, but there are still missing 4-6 people and some are injured. so one can only fear the death toll rising.
The summer camp at Utøya was a camp for the Social Democratic Youth, which is why most victims are young people.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Madam_Mim.

More
12 years 9 months ago #34390 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: What's in the news?
British singer Amy Winehouse is dead at 27! Cause of death is a suspected drug overdose. This is horrible! My heart also goes out to the families of those kids in Norway. Sad to think there are still such deranged lunatics that walk among us just waiting to unleash hell on unsuspecting masses.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 9 months ago #34395 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
firensia wrote:

British singer Amy Winehouse is dead at 27! Cause of death is a suspected drug overdose. This is horrible! My heart also goes out to the families of those kids in Norway. Sad to think there are still such deranged lunatics that walk among us just waiting to unleash hell on unsuspecting masses.

Ahh yes. We heard about the Winehouse death - And to be frank, most of the people I know couldn't care less. I'd be inclined towards siding with them too. Yes, a death is always a sad occasion and it did make today's news ever the more depressing, but she really brought it upon herself in my opinion. I have MUCH more sympathy for the kids that died on the island.

I can't get over the thought of having to run around on an island and hide for your life from a madman armed with an automatic gun..

More
12 years 9 months ago #34396 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: What's in the news?
Envy wrote:

firensia wrote:

Ahh yes. We heard about the Winehouse death - And to be frank, most of the people I know couldn't care less. I'd be inclined towards siding with them too. Yes, a death is always a sad occasion and it did make today's news ever the more depressing, but she really brought it upon herself in my opinion. I have MUCH more sympathy for the kids that died on the island.

I can't get over the thought of having to run around on an island and hide for your life from a madman armed with an automatic gun..

Completely agree with you. Drugs are bad for anyone. Too many people take life for granted these days.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds