Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
13 years 5 months ago #27974 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Well. North Korea's pushing it. :pinch:

I agree on that. I hope they will resolve this madness soon...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27993 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
I smell a war coming on. A scary one..With N. Korea being full to the brim of Hitler-esque military drills still going on and the masses of nuclear crap they've hoarded..

:pinch:

There were more student riots today - I'm so annoyed! I was in the dark about part of the student protests against university fees which was actually in my city today! I could've joined in! :angry:

More
13 years 5 months ago #28001 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

I smell a war coming on. A scary one..With N. Korea being full to the brim of Hitler-esque military drills still going on and the masses of nuclear crap they've hoarded..

:pinch:

I don't think North Korea is going to war against South Korea. I assume that was just a bad attempt at showing power now that the son of Kim Jong-il is going to take over the country...
Norht Korea isn't really in any state to survive a war. The people are hungry and pretty sick of the regime, so if it came to war, it's pretty questionable how loyal the people would stay.
They have a few nuclear bombs, but they would be mad to activate them. You can't go to war when you don't have any supplies to feed the country...

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #28008 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

I don't think North Korea is going to war against South Korea. I assume that was just a bad attempt at showing power now that the son of Kim Jong-il is going to take over the country...
Norht Korea isn't really in any state to survive a war. The people are hungry and pretty sick of the regime, so if it came to war, it's pretty questionable how loyal the people would stay.
They have a few nuclear bombs, but they would be mad to activate them. You can't go to war when you don't have any supplies to feed the country...

That's true..But would the leader even take that into account? He's already playing a dangerous game, and if people are starving already, what's to say he'll give a damn about feeding them during a war?

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article7140284.ece

That's an article from earlier in the year - Which is why I think they might actually be going for a suicidal mission. Will definately be something to keep an eye on. ^.^
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 5 months ago #28030 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

That's true..But would the leader even take that into account? He's already playing a dangerous game, and if people are starving already, what's to say he'll give a damn about feeding them during a war?

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article7140284.ece

That's an article from earlier in the year - Which is why I think they might actually be going for a suicidal mission. Will definately be something to keep an eye on. ^.^

The link doesn't work for me. :(

I think he wouldn't go that far because every leader needs someone he can lead, so if he just kills his own people by starving them, he will also lose his meaning. Not to mention that you can't fight a war if you don't have people to man an army and hungry people make poor soldiers.

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 5 months ago #28035 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: What's in the news?
He could go as far as to go to war, to try prove they are a more powerful country.

I'll put the text from the article in a spoiler so you can read it.

Warning: Spoiler!

It's a real pity that they have such leaders as they do who are dooming their own people.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds