Show Navigation Menu

From finding a good bra to other \"female\" topics

More
14 years 1 month ago #17415 by iHauntTheSepulchre
I agree with the whole laser hair removal thing...I hate having to shave, especially considering the fact that I'm always in a hurry and end up shaving of half my skin as well...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17429 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:To find a good bra
I had laser hair removal done on my legs about 10 years ago. It didn't hurt, but my skin was a bit red afterwards for a day or so. They recommend using aloe vera lotion to soothe that, and also staying out of the sun for a few days until the redness goes away. Basically, it felt like being very lightly snapped with an elastic... it's supposed to be much less painful than waxing, which I've never tried.

You have to go several times though, to get a complete result. Your follicles produce hair in cycles, and not all of them are active at the same time. The laser treatment only works on the active ones, so you have to keep going back at certain intervals until you get them all. I only went 2 or 3 times, due to financial reasons, but even from that I find the growth is much thinner. At the time, they said it works best on people with light skin and dark hair, due to the contrast. The lasers may be more advanced now, so I don't know if that still holds true or not.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17431 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:To find a good bra
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

I agree with the whole laser hair removal thing...I hate having to shave, especially considering the fact that I'm always in a hurry and end up shaving of half my skin as well...

Ouch! I've never cut myself seriously whilst shaving..Even in a hurry. >.< I guess..Uh. Shaving lower down is irritating so..If I plucked up the courage, I'd get that area lasered. I just really hate body hair.

\"Similar to the hot wax injections is the people who pump silicone caulking products designed to seal bathtubs and sinks into their skin to make breasts larger.\"

Uh..Isn't that stuff toxic or something? Seem to recall it smells horrid either way..Ugh..

Reminds me of an article I read today where a man got breast implants to win a 60,000 GBP bet.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17444 by black_magnolia
How did we end up on shaving? Maybe this thread should be converted into a thread for beauty and fashion advice or something similar?
(Concerning shaving, If you can't get laser, then it's best to wax as you are then at peace for a month and after time the hair gets thinner and lighter in colour. It's painful depending on your pain threshold, I have a high tolerance to pain so I don't have problems waxing even the intimate parts.)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17448 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:To find a good bra
black_magnolia wrote:

How did we end up on shaving? Maybe this thread should be converted into a thread for beauty and fashion advice or something similar?
(Concerning shaving, If you can't get laser, then it's best to wax as you are then at peace for a month and after time the hair gets thinner and lighter in colour. It's painful depending on your pain threshold, I have a high tolerance to pain so I don't have problems waxing even the intimate parts.)

Beauty advice sounds good. Gives us a little more space to discuss without going off-topic.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17469 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:To find a good bra
I think we can only stay on topic for 4 pages worth of chat, and then we just start branching out. Sorry about that. I think the first veering off was about breast size, and then cosmetic surgery. The natural progression of thought, sorry.

And if laser doesn't work on light hair, it might not work on my legs. My leg and arm hair is blonde, and my skin is pale pale, so I don't know if it would even work! :(

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds