Show Navigation Menu

From finding a good bra to other \"female\" topics

More
14 years 1 month ago #17300 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:To find a good bra
Morgana wrote:

Unfortunately, that's genetic as well... you can't \"spot-gain\" weight, same as you can't \"spot-reduce\"... no matter what the exercise gizmo infomercials try to tell you!

*Damn it!*

Alright then - What are your views on breast implants and reductions? Would you ever consider either? :P Unlike me, a lot of my friends are well-endowed, and an issue came up earlier in the week when the only male in our Young Enterprise group was in charge of shopping for formal clothing for everyone in the company. Being who he was, he didn't understand things about breasts getting in the way of buttoned-up blouses etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17305 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:To find a good bra
I used to really want implants, but I'm not bothered much about it now. I think I was probably a lot more vain when I was younger, but I'm now coming to terms with the hand I was dealt, physically speaking. To me, it seems like a lot of hassle and suffering, for not a whole lot of gain.

I can understand that someone with really huge breasts might want to get them reduced, just for the comfort factor. I think that women who have multiple plastic surgeries are a bit nuts though. I'm talking about the ones who seem to be on a quest to turn themselves into some kind of living Barbie doll.

I saw part of a show on TV recently about the history of plastic surgery. It's been going on in some form or another pretty much forever, and it's scary some of the things they used to do. For example, to do a nose job in the late 1800s, they'd inject molten hot wax into your face, and mold it in the shape you wanted, in the 30 seconds or so before it solidified again! A lot of the modern techniques came about after World War I, and WWII especially. The fighter pilots used to get horribly burned in crashes, and the surgeons figured out ways to try to patch them up to look somewhat normal again.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17331 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:To find a good bra
I said somewhere on these boards that I considered getting a reduction, but I never went through with it. Chicken, I guess. I decided it was easier to alter clothes to fit me, rather than altering my body to fit clothes. The best thing is adding corseting to the back of dresses to make them fit my waist. I love to do this. Plus, I like the way the lacing looks on my back.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17332 by scootiebee
I said somewhere on these boards that I considered getting a reduction, but I never went through with it. Chicken, I guess. I decided it was easier to alter clothes to fit me, rather than altering my body to fit clothes. The best thing is adding corseting to the back of dresses to make them fit my waist. I love to do this. Plus, I like the way the lacing looks on my back.

I can't tell you how many button-up shirts I have had to return to the store, bought on a whim without trying on, that I have to exchange for a larger size, simply because the buttons gape over my breasts. How disgusting! I now try on all button shirts before leaving the store! :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #17377 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:To find a good bra
Morgana wrote:

I can understand that someone with really huge breasts might want to get them reduced, just for the comfort factor. I think that women who have multiple plastic surgeries are a bit nuts though. I'm talking about the ones who seem to be on a quest to turn themselves into some kind of living Barbie doll.

I saw part of a show on TV recently about the history of plastic surgery. It's been going on in some form or another pretty much forever, and it's scary some of the things they used to do. For example, to do a nose job in the late 1800s, they'd inject molten hot wax into your face, and mold it in the shape you wanted, in the 30 seconds or so before it solidified again! A lot of the modern techniques came about after World War I, and WWII especially. The fighter pilots used to get horribly burned in crashes, and the surgeons figured out ways to try to patch them up to look somewhat normal again.

I agree that women who have too much plastic surgery are a bit excessive..I would only reaaally consider laser hair removal stuff when it comes to that kind of thing, and that's just to make daily life easier so I don't have to shave all the time. :P Laziness.

Molten hot wax sounds awful! I don't think I would ever consider surgery to my face in these days, let alone back in the 1800s!

More
14 years 1 month ago #17390 by scootiebee
Similar to the hot wax injections is the people who pump silicone caulking products designed to seal bathtubs and sinks into their skin to make breasts larger. This is unbelievably dangerous. I can't believe that anyone would do this to themselves. Ick!

I would also get the laser hair removal. How nice not to have to shave my legs ever again! Aahhhh! But that's not really surgery, more like a skin treatment, or having your legs waxed, but with lasers.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds