Show Navigation Menu

The Victorian Era

More
14 years 3 months ago #13517 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The Victorian Era
The Victorian ladies were used to being corseted from their childhoods. It does take some getting used to, because it can be bruising to the ribs and hips if it is not laced up right. And if you have any chest at all, might I recommend starting with \"underbust\" style corsets, that don't flatten you out completely. That takes a lot of getting used to, and I only have one like that (which is the one I was wearing on the plane, unfortunately!). The underbust is a lot easier to get used to at first. I actually feel better wearing a corset now, because I have no cartilage in two of my spinal spaces (L4-L5 and L5-S1, for the anatomically inclined). If I have to be walking around a lot, it is so much easier in a corset, like a beautifully ornamental back brace! :)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13549 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The Victorian Era
Thanks to you both for the info, that's all very useful to know. I'm not huge, but I don't like anything that flattens my breasts... I don't even sleep on my stomach for that reason. May I ask where you bought your corsets? As in, what type of store? I can't recall seeing any real boned corsets anywhere, although I haven't been looking for them either.

I would imagine in Victorian times, their bone structure would have adapted to the corset, since they did start them out very young.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13568 by scootiebee
I get most of my corsets from ebay. Make sure your dealer is reputable, and measure yourself very carefully. follow the instructions from the seller to the letter about measuring yourself or the corset won't fit right. I get mine from a seller called exciten. hope that helps.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13570 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:The Victorian Era
Ditto. Most of my corsets have come from ebay but I have been able to snag a few beauties from my local store. My most recent purchase was from a seller called Corsets Junction and I was quite pleased with the whole experience.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13576 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:The Victorian Era
I got two internet-stores that love corsets, so I know where to get mine :silly: Both in swedish, but think one can ship outside Sweden as well.

I love corsets, but can't use them for the whole day (I get confused and unfocused, maybe something with blood to do) but I love to use them daily and take them off in the evening.

Got a underbust that's actually a size too small (but it was a lot cheaper!) and it's unfortunately the only on I can use (got another one, but it's wrongly wired (by my, I didn't know much about corsets then) but about to be fixed). Once, in school, the knot losened and I had to tie it up in the bathroom. I managed to get it into the smallest size. Bad idea. During the class I felt much pain between my ribs, just between my breasts where the bones meet.
My boy didn't like it when he got down here, as I was much thinner by then... tihi.

I don't think I want back to the Victorian times, no matter how good it looked. Just the thought about going to a bathroom without a proper toilet... tho I believe it may not be as bad as I think, but I'm still happy in my own time.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 3 months ago #13616 by scootiebee
No, I agree. I am very fond of plumbing! :)

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds