Show Navigation Menu

Make a wish

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17917 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Make a wish
:woohoo: Forget horses and harleys, I'll take the prince if he's riding a pile of animate cash.

Haha. Rich, royal and magical in one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17958 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Make a wish
Envy wrote:

:woohoo: Forget horses and harleys, I'll take the prince if he's riding a pile of animate cash.

Haha. Rich, royal and magical in one.

LOL! Good one Envy! I would be happy just with a regular guy that had the characteristics worthy of a fairy tale prince, minus the cash - better to keep your hopes low and maybe there will be something out of it. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17971 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Make a wish
I love it Envy! Very funny! I always joke that I married my husband for his money (then we both crack up laughing!). Set the bar at \"pays his own bills\" and you will do just fine.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18004 by Envy
:P I guess it's debatable what 'fairytale-prince-like' qualities could be. People always think of 'Romeo' as the ultimate lover, but when you think about it, he's such a shallow little..!

A guy who pays his own bills sounds good. ;) So far, my partner and I split costs 50/50 if things are shared.

One wish I reaally really want to come true would be for me to reach grade 8 in the piano, flute, guitar and maybe one day, the harp and violin too. I never cared much for my instruments as a kid, but as I've gotten older..I've started to really enjoy being able to play them.

..Maybe I've already wished that. I don't know. Double-wishing might make it come true quicker.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18037 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Make a wish
Don't ever quit playing your instruments. I quit for about 13 years, and regretted it, so I started again. It is frustrating struggling to play songs I mastered when I was 10, but at least I am starting again, and one day will hopefully surpass where I was before I quit. But it is something you can do and enjoy for the rest of your life. Don't give that up!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18062 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

Don't ever quit playing your instruments. I quit for about 13 years, and regretted it, so I started again. It is frustrating struggling to play songs I mastered when I was 10, but at least I am starting again, and one day will hopefully surpass where I was before I quit. But it is something you can do and enjoy for the rest of your life. Don't give that up!

:) I won't. I came very close to quitting the piano after grade 5, but something inspired me and I've wanted to push for grade 8 and beyond.

I guess..In my head, when I think about my perfect future house, I always liked the idea of having a grand piano in the dining room, where I could play and relax. I'd love to be able to pass instrumental skills onto my kids as well from a young age..It seems like a nice idea. To be able to teach your child something like that.

My mother quit the piano and violin when she was around my age. She still has her old violin, which I will sometimes have a go on just for fun, but she struggles to play anything more than tunes like 'happy birthday' now. >.<

A friend of mine from primary school used to play the cornet..He quit as well. I had a chat with him a few months ago and it inspired him to dig out his cornet and give it a go for fun. I think it's at this point that I don't regret quitting, I guess.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds