Show Navigation Menu

Shoes, Boots and Footwear in General.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #35474 by firensia
black_magnolia wrote:

I got new shoes! :) Couldn't resist them becasue they were on sale (50% off) and the price was too good to pass up.
They are pretty comfy, but I'll need a bit getting used to them...

Now, what I wanted to ask: should I die them black (and change the laces) or leave them in this military khaki colour? and if I leave them khaki, should I change the laces to black or not? This military style is growing on me... :woohoo:

They're cute! If they were mine, I would probably dye them black and change the laces so they would match my clothes but remember, the stitching will stay it's original color since it's usually polyester thread. The khaki color is nice too. They stand out a lot more like this. I would probably change the laces to brown instead of black since that would match the heel. (I'm sort of obsessed with matching things :lol: ) Black laces on khaki boots would look like this:

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by firensia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #35478 by black_magnolia
Thanks girls! :)

I don't mind if the stitching stayed the same as I already have 3 pairs of black shoes with cream or white coloured contrast stitching. :silly:

Ummm... Still undecided. :woohoo: I'm sure going to buy black laces either way becasue the majority of my wardrobe is black (what a \"surprise\", right? :P) so they would fit better then brown laces as the heel isn't really so noticeable when they are worn.

Oh! I did a google search and found the same model in black - yuck! Ok, you can remove the green laces, but the green stitching? :S Doesn't really look nice... And I can't use photoshop to save my life. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35493 by Envy
:) I like the khaki + black laces.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35511 by black_magnolia
Argh! Still undecided on those shoes. :woohoo:

So far it looks like this:

Dye them black - firensia, a friend, my mom

Only change laces - Envy, another friend, my sister (although she says no for black laces, but yes to brown or khaki coloured ones).

I think I'll wear them in khaki + new laces for a time and see how that goes. I can always change my mind and have them dyed black later. Not too fond of having to give them to the shoemaker for dying because last time I had to wait almost 2 weeks for a pair of shoes to get fixed, when he said 2-3 days. :angry:

And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35575 by Envy
:huh: ..Any idea for some decent, gothic winter boots?

I want some black ones that are furry ideally..But Demonias are so pricey (plus friend of mine wants the same pair, so I'm a bit iffy on the idea of buying)...

:(

More
12 years 6 months ago #35577 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

:huh: ..Any idea for some decent, gothic winter boots?

I want some black ones that are furry ideally..But Demonias are so pricey (plus friend of mine wants the same pair, so I'm a bit iffy on the idea of buying)...

:(

Fur on the inside to keep you warm or just outside for looks?

Either way I don't really have any idea for good gothic winter boots. The usual gothic brands are pricey enough as it is, and in my opinion, they produce shoes more for the looks then for their function.
I'm sure you could find some nice boots which would be suitable to a gothic look also in some mainstream store, just need to search.

I'm probably going to buy some plain furry boots too this season as I'm sick of wearing double socks and still having cold feet during winter. Screw looks, I don't like freezing. :(

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds