Show Navigation Menu

Shoes, Boots and Footwear in General.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33500 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Oh, I'd say those are just above the knee! I'm constantly thinking about boots that go up till the mid of your tight as tight-high. :silly:

Lovely boots non the less! :)

Same here, I was thinking of ones that go up a bit higher. :P

A link to the seller would be nice though. :) I do like how those look.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33526 by black_magnolia
Did I say how my new shoes were comfortable? I take that back. :angry:

Wore them out today for the first time. Been in them the whole day and they were killing me most of the day.
Blisters. :(
I hope when I break them in properly, they will be comfortable, but for now they've been just a real pain in the ass - not really becasue of the bloody toes (I have a high pain threshold + the ballet lessons I had in my youth, so I didn't really know how bad they were to my feet till I took them off), but becasue my right heel keeps slipping out of the shoe so I can't walk normally in them. I have to stop like every couple of meters and adjust. Bloody annoying, no pun intended.

I bought some gel insoles (both for the toes and the heel part), they help a bit with the shoe not slipping, but I still have the feeling that I'll lose them... :S I don't know what I'm going to do.
Friend said that I should give them some time, like my feet will adjust to them etc. I'm sure that will help with the blisters, but don't think it will help with them slipping off. :(

Does anyone have any suggestion what should I do? Any ideas?

I think, as my last resort, I'll try and find some similar red fabric and have the shoemaker put on some straps, so that I can tie them around the ankle... but I'm not really happy with that option...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33550 by Envy
Depends on why they're slipping I guess..

I'm a half-size so sometimes I have problems with shoes that slip off - But then I just stick on a thick plaster (band-aid? Not sure what the internationally accepted term is, as I know some people get confused with 'plaster') on the back of my foot (where I usually get a blister anyway with new shoes) and that usually fills the gap and helps shoes stop falling off whilst stopping me from getting blisters at the same time. :P

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33554 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Depends on why they're slipping I guess..

I'm a half-size so sometimes I have problems with shoes that slip off - But then I just stick on a thick plaster (band-aid? Not sure what the internationally accepted term is, as I know some people get confused with 'plaster') on the back of my foot (where I usually get a blister anyway with new shoes) and that usually fills the gap and helps shoes stop falling off whilst stopping me from getting blisters at the same time. :P

I'm also a half-size, but I only have problems with blisters on the back of my foot with boots, with other shoes the blisters are on my toes. :S

I'll try sticking a plaster and maybe that helps with filling the gap some more. I've already put a gel thingy on the back inside of the shoe, which helped a bit, but I'd say there is still too much room. (A size smaller shoes would have been too small.)

Well, thanks for the idea anyway. :) Now I first have to wait till my feet heal up again before I give those shoes another chance. :silly:

And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33575 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Well, thanks for the idea anyway. :) Now I first have to wait till my feet heal up again before I give those shoes another chance. :silly:

:P You're welcome.

I've never gotten blisters on my toes before..It's always just on the back of my foot, so I next to never get any these days because I put on the plasters before anything happens. :woohoo:

More
12 years 10 months ago #33585 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

so I next to never get any these days because I put on the plasters before anything happens. :woohoo:

Ah, I probably should do that too, but I always hope *this* is the pair that won't give me blisters. :woohoo: I think that only worked once in the past. :silly:

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds