Show Navigation Menu

Shoes, Boots and Footwear in General.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33494 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I also adore looking at nice shoes! :)

Regarding thigh-high boots - I really don't have any experience with them. As with any nice shoes, I like to see them. Some women can really pull them off, but I wouldn't have anywhere to really wear them, so it would be a waste of money.

Ahh..If I could get a really nice pair of thigh-highs that had a platform and went well with something I had (I love short skirts, maybe that'd work..) then I'd wear them all the time! But I'd really have to head into a store to try them on first and not many places sell thigh-highs from what I've seen..

I read in your other post that you said you were 6'1 tall? :( *Jealous!* High platforms don't even bring me up to average height!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33495 by firensia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

I also adore looking at nice shoes! :)

Regarding thigh-high boots - I really don't have any experience with them. As with any nice shoes, I like to see them. Some women can really pull them off, but I wouldn't have anywhere to really wear them, so it would be a waste of money.

Ahh..If I could get a really nice pair of thigh-highs that had a platform and went well with something I had (I love short skirts, maybe that'd work..) then I'd wear them all the time! But I'd really have to head into a store to try them on first and not many places sell thigh-highs from what I've seen..

I read in your other post that you said you were 6'1 tall? :( *Jealous!* High platforms don't even bring me up to average height!

I have a pair of thigh high stiletto boots that I absolutely love. They were super cheap as well. Brand new and I got them off eBay for $35 including shipping. Quite the steal. :) I'd wear them with a short black dress. 6'1 is an amazing height especially for a woman. I'm only 5'3 and I've always wanted to be at least 5'6. lol Maybe that's why I like heels so much.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 10 months ago #33496 by black_magnolia
Ah, girls, don't make me start lamenting about my hight. :(
Trust me, be happy with your hight. In some way, it may be nice to be tall, but it's awfully hard finding cloths and shoes for tall girls.

Most brands think about plus size in the sense that it has to be wider, but not longer.
With cloths if I find the right size in width, usually the items still end up too short for me, or shoes end up to wide (keep in mind that I'm an EU 44 or 45, so that makes things even more difficult). :S
If I could file a complaint to Mother Nature - I would! At least when it comes to my bones. I really didn't want them so long/big.

Firensia, can you put up a photo of your tight-high boots? And where to do you wear them usually?

I think this winter above knee boots were really in (in mainstream fashion), but I didn't see anybody wearing tight-high ones which were also supposedly \"in\" for some time.
Well, I saw an acquaintance of mine wearing tight-high boots and she got a load of weird looks because of them. She has some shiny pvc black ones with a load of bukles, a bit too fetish for everyday - at least here.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33497 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Firensia, can you put up a photo of your tight-high boots? And where to do you wear them usually?

I think this winter above knee boots were really in (in mainstream fashion), but I didn't see anybody wearing tight-high ones which were also supposedly \"in\" for some time.
Well, I saw an acquaintance of mine wearing tight-high boots and she got a load of weird looks because of them. She has some shiny pvc black ones with a load of bukles, a bit too fetish for everyday - at least here.

Ohh I second that! I want to see some thigh-high boots! :P

I didn't know they were meant to be in mainstream fashion..Not seen them in shops or on anyone for that matter! I've only seen them on online shops once in a blue moon and they're an insane price too.

Hehe, I think going out with anything that has buckles and significant amounts of PVC = too fetish for most places, but oh well! If I had a pair of shoes that I loved and looked like that, I wouldn't care. :woohoo: I'd just presume everyone's jealous.

Might have to do some eBaying now..Would be a nice break from a whole day of slow essay-writing..

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33498 by firensia
Sure. Here's a photo of them. I can message you with the link to the seller I bought them from if you like. I think they still have some left. I haven't actually worn them out yet but I do plan on wearing them soon. The weather here has been scorching lately though so I may have to wait. I love these boots because they can pretty much go with anything and don't look too fetishy. They're also very comfortable.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by firensia.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33499 by black_magnolia
Oh, I'd say those are just above the knee! I'm constantly thinking about boots that go up till the mid of your tight as tight-high. :silly:

Lovely boots non the less! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds