Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #29440 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Sweets
necie1286 wrote:

Any one have any good recipes for a first time baker. i'm not that good of a baker and the only time i ever did anything was helping mom. i want to try and bake something on my own but don't know anything easy other then cookies and i want to try something different. any help would be good.

Here's a recipe for coffee cake muffins that's pretty easy to make. It makes 12 regular size muffins, and they keep really well in the freezer.

Topping
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Muffin batter
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup yogurt (any flavour will work)
1 tsp vanilla

1. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together, set aside.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda together, set aside.
3. Whisk white sugar, oil and eggs until smooth, add vanilla and yogurt.
4. Add flour mixture to egg mixture (just stir until everything is combined, if you overdo it the muffins will be kinda tough).
5. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
6. Spoon half of dough into tin, top with half of sugar mixture, repeat. It can be tough to get everything split up evenly. If you don't want to bother with that part, just put all the batter in the tin, and then put the brown sugar on top, rather than putting some in the middle too.

Bake at 400 F for 21 minutes.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Morgana.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29465 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Sweets
Ugh... My mom baked a ton of apple cookies for me to take back to Zagreb. I don't know where I'll put them because my bag is already full. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29480 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re: Sweets
Morgana wrote:

necie1286 wrote:

Any one have any good recipes for a first time baker. i'm not that good of a baker and the only time i ever did anything was helping mom. i want to try and bake something on my own but don't know anything easy other then cookies and i want to try something different. any help would be good.

Here's a recipe for coffee cake muffins that's pretty easy to make. It makes 12 regular size muffins, and they keep really well in the freezer.

Topping
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Muffin batter
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup yogurt (any flavour will work)
1 tsp vanilla

1. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together, set aside.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda together, set aside.
3. Whisk white sugar, oil and eggs until smooth, add vanilla and yogurt.
4. Add flour mixture to egg mixture (just stir until everything is combined, if you overdo it the muffins will be kinda tough).
5. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
6. Spoon half of dough into tin, top with half of sugar mixture, repeat. It can be tough to get everything split up evenly. If you don't want to bother with that part, just put all the batter in the tin, and then put the brown sugar on top, rather than putting some in the middle too.

Bake at 400 F for 21 minutes.

will it work with out the yogurt. i don't like yogurt

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #29531 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Sweets
necie1286 wrote:

will it work with out the yogurt. i don't like yogurt

You won't taste the yogurt at all, once they're baked... they really do taste like coffee cake. I guess you could try replacing the yogurt with something of similar consistency, but I don't know if that would ruin the recipe or not.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Morgana.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29555 by necie1286
i'm going to give it a try with out the yogurt since i don't have any and see how it turns out. i'll let everyone know and if everyone wants i'll put pics of them.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29604 by necie1286
Didn't get to make them today. going to try and make them later. but will take pics to show everyone

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds