Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
13 years 6 months ago #27254 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Sweets
We actually had quite spectacular weather on Halloween. I think the lack of trick or treaters had more to do with the area I live in. A lot of older people and very few children around. Oh well, I guess that just means nore treats for me! :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27256 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Sweets
Oh, that's unusual! Our half of the village is mainly full of older people and we still have tons of children that usually come along for halloween. I can only think of about 5 children who live on our road..

I don't get how parents can allow their children to go trick or treating, especially after all of that 'don't talk to strangers' stuff..Talk about mixed messages.

In fact, there's a drug dealer who lives down my road which I was made aware of a few years ago (he was caught and jailed for a bit - was in the papers)..So..You really don't know what people are giving your children.

:huh: Starting to wish that we didn't have so many leftover chocolates..I've eaten tons and now I feel raaather fat.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27311 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Sweets
Envy wrote:

I don't get how parents can allow their children to go trick or treating, especially after all of that 'don't talk to strangers' stuff..Talk about mixed messages.

Does seem a little strange, doesn't it? On any other day of the year, if someone tried to give candy to a child who isn't theirs, they'd probably be lynched! When I was a kid, we trick-or-treated by car, due to the distance between the houses, so of course that meant there was an adult there. I'm not sure if parents here walk around with their kids or not though...

I'm going to do some baking this weekend... I like to keep biscuits and muffins in the freezer for a quick snack, and we're all out, so it's time to replenish the stock. I might make some cookies too, since I'll have the oven running anyway.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27319 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Sweets
Just got home from Choc'La Cure. It's a fundraiser for the local cancer center that has a theme heavily based on chocolate - mostly desserts and martinis. I think I've successfully replaced my blood with pure sugar . . .

More
13 years 6 months ago #27324 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re: Sweets
Sounds scrummy i munched some jelly babys.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27376 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re: Sweets
i eat a lot of black chocholate, i love it!

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds