Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
14 years 2 months ago #14751 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Sweets
Vanilla extract is like eating unsweetened chocolate. It is basically a very intense vanilla liqueur, alcohol with vanilla soaked in it to draw out the flavor. Put a drop in sugar, and it is great. Make vanilla milk like that, a few drops of vanilla and a few spoons of sugar in milk is something I used to make when I couldn't sleep, like hot chocolate, but hot vanilla.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14818 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sweets
Morgana wrote:

Ick! I can only imagine how that would taste!

It smells lovely though... I knew someone who used to use it as perfume.

I never thought of it like that! Does it leave a sticky patch though? Or is it watered down/something like that?

:P Mm..It does smell gorgeous.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14819 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

Vanilla extract is like eating unsweetened chocolate. It is basically a very intense vanilla liqueur, alcohol with vanilla soaked in it to draw out the flavor. Put a drop in sugar, and it is great. Make vanilla milk like that, a few drops of vanilla and a few spoons of sugar in milk is something I used to make when I couldn't sleep, like hot chocolate, but hot vanilla.

Ooh..Thanks for that! :P I'm usually a hot chocolate person, but hot choccy is so fattening..I've tried to cut down as much as possible.

Never liked things like 'Horlicks' either. Might try 'hot vanilla'..The smell alone would certainly make me feel good. :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #14836 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Sweets
Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

Ick! I can only imagine how that would taste!

It smells lovely though... I knew someone who used to use it as perfume.

I never thought of it like that! Does it leave a sticky patch though? Or is it watered down/something like that?

:P Mm..It does smell gorgeous.

I don't know if it was sticky or not... I didn't know him *that* well! Yes, it was a guy... guess I should have said cologne instead of perfume.

Thanks for the hot vanilla idea, scootiebee, it sounds really good.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14909 by Envy
Morgana wrote:

I don't know if it was sticky or not... I didn't know him *that* well! Yes, it was a guy... guess I should have said cologne instead of perfume.

Ahh okay..Might try looking online for vanilla-essence based homemade perfume. Your friend must've smelled great. :P My ex smelled amazing..He used all sorts of things which gave him a unique smell..I'd just suction myself to him and sniff at times. :woohoo: I think it was mainly a mix of..'Tresemme heat-defence spray' and 'Lynx Africa'.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #14920 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Sweets
Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

Ahh okay..Might try looking online for vanilla-essence based homemade perfume. Your friend must've smelled great. :P

Yes he did, and he was the \"huggy\" type too... which is how I ended up asking him why he smelled like vanilla.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Morgana.

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds