• Highwayman
  • Topic Author
  • Alchemist
  • Alchemist
More
9 years 8 months ago #13526 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Sweets
scootiebee wrote:

I think the Wretched Spawn is referring to a Yorkie bar, which I googled. It is apparently a plain chocolate bar available in Australia. Not at all like a peppermint patty (which I love. I think I have some in the hidey-cupboard! Yum!)

Yeah Yorkie bar is just plain chocolate that is just plain delicious it's been in the UK forever.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #13527 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Sweets
Just plain chocolate? :blink: Why do the adverts make such a big sexist statement then? :woohoo: Is it because men don't feel comfortable enough buying a cadbury's bar or a galaxy bar?

Hah, now I've looked up the ad, it does mention it's just chocolate.

More
9 years 8 months ago #13564 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Sweets
*giggles* that video was cute.

• CorpseQueen
  • Within every heart, there is a grain of madness
More
9 years 8 months ago #13578 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Sweets
About those mint patties... believe we have something alike, but the other way around, here. They're rare, but real good - white mint in a flat circle with a little flat chocoltate circle on top. Not strong and bought as normal candy (loose weight). I haven't had them forever... gotta go to a well-sorted candystore and get some :blush: I hope they're still making them...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
9 years 8 months ago #13593 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Sweets
CorpseQueen wrote:

About those mint patties... believe we have something alike, but the other way around, here. They're rare, but real good - white mint in a flat circle with a little flat chocoltate circle on top. Not strong and bought as normal candy (loose weight). I haven't had them forever... gotta go to a well-sorted candystore and get some :blush: I hope they're still making them...

Reminds me of something my US auntie always buys me and my brother - ChocoPies! They're like..Marshmallow disks sandwiched between circular biscuit slices and then covered in chocolate? :) Yum. I guess the version the UK are more familiar with is the 'Wagon Wheel'. ChocoPies are much smaller.

More
9 years 8 months ago #13608 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Sweets
We've got wagon wheels in Canada too. Now I'm craving them. Dammit . . .

Time to create page: 5.345 seconds