Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

What do you think about Alchemy?

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19179 by Morgana
necie1286 wrote:

i think it's amazing how they can come up with the pieces they do or the art work. i don't think i'd ever be able to think of the things they make.

And not only to think of them, but to actually create them in real life. I really envy creative people that ability to take something from their mind, and make it real.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19293 by Dragonscale
I haven't worn any Alchemy stuff for probably about twelve years now,i must admit,i have always loved their designs and also the artwork etc,but one thing i used to find(and this is only based on the items i owned years ago)was that they looked really good at first,but then the coating used to start to come off the pewter,which left you with something that had a very worn look to it,as i said,things may have changed and also that was items that got a lot of wear and tear,ornaments that aren't touched much might be different.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19306 by black_magnolia
Dragonscale wrote:

I haven't worn any Alchemy stuff for probably about twelve years now,i must admit,i have always loved their designs and also the artwork etc,but one thing i used to find(and this is only based on the items i owned years ago)was that they looked really good at first,but then the coating used to start to come off the pewter,which left you with something that had a very worn look to it,as i said,things may have changed and also that was items that got a lot of wear and tear,ornaments that aren't touched much might be different.

Pewter oxides faster then silver so that's the reason for the tarnished look. There are different ways to clean it and get it back to shine. Search a bit through the forum...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19508 by Dragonscale
Hi,it does seem after searching on here,that quite a few people found similar problems,but there doesn't seem to be many concrete solutions.It was a long time ago now,I'm sure with the items i had ,it looked more like a coating coming off rather then a tarnishing of the metal.I must admit,i always wondered weather Alchemy would ever produce a silver range.I guess this has all sounded a bit negative,i have always been a fan though and owned quite a few items,i still love the designs and the artwork is amazing.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19515 by Envy
Dragonscale wrote:

Hi,it does seem after searching on here,that quite a few people found similar problems,but there doesn't seem to be many concrete solutions.It was a long time ago now,I'm sure with the items i had ,it looked more like a coating coming off rather then a tarnishing of the metal.I must admit,i always wondered weather Alchemy would ever produce a silver range.I guess this has all sounded a bit negative,i have always been a fan though and owned quite a few items,i still love the designs and the artwork is amazing.

Alchemy do have a silver range..Sort of. They have a 'custom shop' where you can ask for an Alchemy piece to be made for you in silver.

I haven't noticed any peeling on my pieces so far, but they do get a little tarnished like silver does.

I seem to recall from a past thread that the best cleaning method for jewellery is to just wash it in soap/water and dry it well afterwards?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19530 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Dragonscale wrote:

Alchemy do have a silver range..Sort of. They have a 'custom shop' where you can ask for an Alchemy piece to be made for you in silver.

I haven't noticed any peeling on my pieces so far, but they do get a little tarnished like silver does.

I seem to recall from a past thread that the best cleaning method for jewellery is to just wash it in soap/water and dry it well afterwards?

To the addition of the custom shop, that not only does items in silver, but will do them in gold or other materials, Alchemy has given a Japanese company a licence to produce their jewellery in silver. Look for the link under licenses.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds