Show Navigation Menu

Emos

More
13 years 6 months ago #27619 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: Emos
Vanthony, I'm going to point out somethings you said.

\"They thought doing such things are cool so they do stupid and cowardly acts like suicide attempts\"

\"Maybe if all the people in this world wouldn't be so blinded and stereotypical, then utopia is not impossible to achieve.\"

Notice something there? I hope so.

I really have nothing against emos in general. Hell, some people I know would probably fall under that fashion style and are actually pretty good people. Not at all like the stereotypes someone pointed out.

I've never actually met someone who has confused emos and goths as being the same, the styles of dress are often too different.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27627 by Vanthony
Replied by Vanthony on topic Re: Emos
Sorry, I should have put \"some emos\" instead of just \"emos\" cause I really didn't mean all of them. I pointed the ones I described. I have a lot of emo classmates and majority of them perform those stupid stuffs just to seek some attention.

On your deathbed, you regret not what you did, but what you didn't do.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27628 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Emos
Kuroboshi wrote:

Vanthony, I'm going to point out somethings you said.

\"They thought doing such things are cool so they do stupid and cowardly acts like suicide attempts\"

\"Maybe if all the people in this world wouldn't be so blinded and stereotypical, then utopia is not impossible to achieve.\"

Notice something there? I hope so.

I really have nothing against emos in general. Hell, some people I know would probably fall under that fashion style and are actually pretty good people. Not at all like the stereotypes someone pointed out.

I've never actually met someone who has confused emos and goths as being the same, the styles of dress are often too different.

If we're pointing out stuff, then also \"because they were born selfish and over conceited.\" Nobody is born selfish, racist or similar. It's the a question of upbringing and socialization...

As I've written earlier, I don't really see emos here, at least they aren't such an annoying phenomena like in other countries, so there isn't really a reason to be bothered by them... Here mostly the alternative subcultures are divided into punks, goths, metal-heads and recently there are more people dabbing into Japanese looks (here it's something like a mix of lolita and visual kei)...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27629 by Vanthony
\"Nobody is born selfish, racist or similar. It's the a question of upbringing and socialization...\"
In my case I doubt it, because if nobody is born selfish, racist, tyrant and etc., then why is there are a lot of people exist despite of the good things and upbringing they have? Anyway we have distinct views on it and I respect that. :silly:

More
13 years 6 months ago #27630 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: Emos
If we're going to get into that debate...

I assume you mean upbringing in regards to parents. However, the environment they are in can influence themselves.

For example, a kid is brought up in a non-racist household, yet ends up being racist. How did he learn this behaviour? Was it there from birth that he knew the meanings of those words and what his actions are? I doubt that.

You see, this kid could be around people who are incredibly racist so in his mind, it ends up being \"normal\" because the people he is around often do it.

I believe Magnolia is correct as if we could experiment with time travel and raise a kid in a different environment, we'd see how it works out, if he is changed.

It's our experiences that make us who we are. We weren't born like this.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27639 by Vanthony
Actually you have a good point somehow I noticed that some people are very abusive. Abusive to the extent that they want something more than enough and which is not right anymore because many are affected. Also very stubborn that even how hard and how many times you already corrected them but still they refuses. I know a lot of people and I really don't know why on earth do they still remain doing negative things as if they didn't know what is the right way.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds