Show Navigation Menu

Pretty sceletons

More
14 years 8 months ago #3358 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:Pretty sceletons
Here they are, so far:

Don't know if I'll add some \"greenery\" with the roses or not...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #3379 by MefistaCenobica
Replied by MefistaCenobica on topic Re:Pretty sceletons

this is a picture of Baron Samedi,but I callin' it \"Ghost Rider goes to a carnival\" :laugh:

archdevilantidote.proboards.com/
My forum dedicated to bootleg stuff,help me to fill it
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by MefistaCenobica.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3397 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Pretty sceletons
Janelle, they are AMAZING! Well done!
Edible versions would be really good as well, even if you shouldn't actual Sugar Skulls (I just checked on the website).

More
14 years 8 months ago #3400 by janelle hell
Thank you : D I had fun making them. The picture doesn't really show just how much they look like they're really made of sugar. Which was the whole object of making them: sugar skulls that never go bad!

Yes, the real sugar skulls don't taste so good...sort of like biting into a giant sugarcube with hard, yucky icing all over it. (How I know this: I put one in my mouth when I was a little kid. Still remember how nasty it was, lol).

More
14 years 8 months ago #3408 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Pretty sceletons
janelle hell wrote:

Thank you : D I had fun making them. The picture doesn't really show just how much they look like they're really made of sugar. Which was the whole object of making them: sugar skulls that never go bad!

Yes, the real sugar skulls don't taste so good...sort of like biting into a giant sugarcube with hard, yucky icing all over it. (How I know this: I put one in my mouth when I was a little kid. Still remember how nasty it was, lol).

Hmm... with all this talk of \"sugar skulls\", I had assumed they were a treat of some kind. I guess they're just for decoration?

More
14 years 8 months ago #3412 by janelle hell
Yes; they're just for decoration...usually they go on an altar for Dia de los Muertos. Theoretically, they're edible, but no one really eats them except for the ghosts, or little kids who put one in their mouths without knowing not to eat them, lol...

But, there is something skeleton-themed for the holiday that *is* edible. It's called pan de muerto (bread of the dead). The pieces of dough on top are meant to represent a skull and crossbones.

: D

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds