Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Warhammer

More
14 years 6 months ago #6924 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Warhammer
Sorry, I've been corrected. His Dark Angels were 3500 points. His Tyranid army was 6900 points! This included two bio titans, a lot of warriors, 6 carnifexs, 2 tyrants, 21 bases of rippers and 90 gaunts. And, as a final insult, 56 genestealers (By the way, he's dictating all this over my shoulder. It's the first time he's showed any interest in this site!) But, alas, he sold his army a number of years ago and they were whisked away to France. I miss them . . .

And aparently I'm supposed to tell you how he managed to outshoot Tau in one game. I think it's his favorite achievement with the nids.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6951 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Warhammer
Outshoot Tau? Nice one...
And were the bio titans from Forge World? or really impressive conversions?

Yeah, I used to be into Warhammer (started with LOTR then got into 40K). I didn't make a conscious effort to stop, I think I just slowly lost interest... I had about 1200 points of Tyrnaids (more if I really went to town on Carnifex biomorphs) then about 2500 of Necrons. But my last army were Sisters of Battle. They're probably my smallest army but they're by far the best painted, since I did those as a more mature teenager and not a child with a spray can...

More
14 years 6 months ago #6954 by Slayer002
Replied by Slayer002 on topic Re:Warhammer
in my opinion there 2 good things in painting warhammer:
you can de everything with colours(that's why i don't seriously start LOTR)
and you can see yourself improve :) your last model is always better than your first

More
14 years 6 months ago #7046 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Warhammer
He did have Forge World models, I can't remember which ones though (He isn't hovering over my shoulder to tell me). I used to buy the bigger models for him as gifts so I did my part to contribute to the swarm. I actually do have a few of the models still as they were my favorites. I have a number of gaunts, some ripper bases and a Tyrant with examples from every pattern variation he ever did on them. They were an ever evolving army and, as my husbands painting skill increased, he'd have to strip the lot and do them all over cause he just knew he could make them better. Thus, years after the rest of the army has crossed the pond, my tyrant is in pieces on his painting desk. :(

More
14 years 6 months ago #7053 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Warhammer
Ooooh... I played to WB for years and I painted a lot!

I have a famous collection, both in Warhmmer battle in W40k ( Also Necromunda and Blood Bowl...)
My army of chaos (painted) should exceed 20000points. My Dark Angel (painted) 5000.
I had an army of Undead 10000 points that I sold.

and I still have many more figurines unpainted!

If someone interresse I am willing to part with it ...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7080 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Warhammer
Doesn't count if they aren't painted :P
All this talk of Warhammer has made me get out my unpainted Inquisitor and I'm currently painting it between doing homework and Alchemy :)

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds