Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Final Fantasy

More
13 years 9 months ago #22859 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Final Fantasy
gothic-grace wrote:

Thanks, and i only added the bit about me being a zelda fan just so you could see what sort of games i like and how that would compare to FF, if you kinda get what I mean.

You'll probably enjoy it. FF 'sort-of' reminds me of LoZ/Pokemon for pretty lame reasons. LoZ for the storyline aspect and Pokemon for the turn-based movements.

Basically, it's pretty cutesie/addictive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #22918 by Yoru Kurosawa
Replied by Yoru Kurosawa on topic Re:Final Fantasy
If you have a DS or a DS Lite, I recommend Final Fantasy III and IV (which are DS games) and VI Advanced (GBA). Final Fantasy VI is my favorite besides XIII (I have not played VII, but I dearly want to.)

Avoid V at all costs. That game sucked. It was repetative as hell. I mean, I'll give you that the same thing tends to happen in all the Final Fantasy games, but in Final Fantasy V, the same plot twist happened over and over and over. Plus the characters sucked. The only things I'll give Final Fantasy V are the music and the class system.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Yoru Kurosawa.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22930 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Final Fantasy
Yoru Kurosawa wrote:

If you have a DS or a DS Lite, I recommend Final Fantasy III and IV (which are DS games) and VI Advanced (GBA). Final Fantasy VI is my favorite besides XIII (I have not played VII, but I dearly want to.)

Avoid V at all costs. That game sucked. It was repetative as hell. I mean, I'll give you that the same thing tends to happen in all the Final Fantasy games, but in Final Fantasy V, the same plot twist happened over and over and over. Plus the characters sucked. The only things I'll give Final Fantasy V are the music and the class system.

:P Useful input, thank you. I've been watching FF GBA game carts on eBay for a while, but I haven't committed myself to buying, yet.

I got caught up playing the PSP version of 'Final Fantasy Tactics'. I was just getting into it, i.e. becoming better with the controls and how the game works, when the battery cut!

I was fuming! I'm back to my first save now!

More
13 years 9 months ago #23118 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Final Fantasy
I've almost completed the anniversary edition of Final Fantasy (PSP), Chaos Shrine is going to be annoying, I've faced Lich and I don't remember him being that hard. At a guess I've got to beat every boss again.

Also, annoyed I've only got 3 Ribbons, I'd like 4. My Knight feels left out.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23125 by Yoru Kurosawa
Replied by Yoru Kurosawa on topic Re:Final Fantasy
Oh, that just reminded me of another Final Fantasy game for the DS: Tactics A2 Grimoire of the Rift. I really liked that one, it was a lot of fun.

And that sucks, though my recent 360 trouble has taught me to save after every little thing. It likes to freeze during game play--problems with the player. Hopefully it just needs a cleaning, but I stand to \"inherit\" that system when my parents get the new one.

@Kuroboshi: I played Dawn of Souls on the GBA. I don't remember much about one other than it was a little confusing about which direction I was supposed to go. Though the PSP version has Final Fantasy II on it, doesn't it? I liked II for how you leveled up. It was very different for me, and made sense too.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23136 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Final Fantasy
Yeah, II is on the PSP too. Looking to get it at some point after I've completed FF. At times it can be confusing on where to go but at least that adds to the challenge although it you pick it up after months of not playing in the middle of a save you're going to have no idea on what to do or where you are.

And the Sky Castle/Fortress (The place with Tiamat) is really annoying on Floor 4 but at least it makes you think about how you'll proceed.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds