Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Favorite online game

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #31990 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: Favorite online game
No-one is disputing that.

Yes, there is a difference, however, that doesn't make them any less of games.

They're simple and addictive, that's the draw to them, they can make a lot of profit, are cheap to maintain and cheap to make.

However, in the end, they're no less games than any AAA title.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #31996 by Luvietje
Replied by Luvietje on topic Re: Favorite online game
Yes that's true but it all depends on the player.
A casual gamer might enjoy a browser game, while a hardcore player won't.

It was cold when darkness fell,
The night longed for a child.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #31998 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Favorite online game
Luvietje wrote:

Yes that's true but it all depends on the player.
A casual gamer might enjoy a browser game, while a hardcore player won't.

I don't really understand what your argument is. The point was 'browser games still count as games' which you've admitted. The point was not 'some people do not consider browser games 'real games'' which appears to be what you're arguing.

Just seems like you're asking for an argument over..Well..Nothing, there. It's a complete tangent to the original point which you replied to.
Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by Envy.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #31999 by Kuroboshi
Exactly what makes a person a hardcore gamer and a casual gamer?

Minecraft, casual game enjoyed by all types of gamers.

These silly labels, hardcore and casual... Are you seriously saying you follow them? I'm a huge console gamer, I make it a point to complete every game I buy, eventually, and if you wanted, I'd be classed as a hardcore gamer.

I play games like Red Dead Redemption, Black Ops, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy series, so you could class me as a hardcore gamer. I've been playing games ever since I was around...4-6. Maybe sooner because I have memories of playing on an Atari console. So that's at least 15 years I've been gaming for.

However, I also enjoy flash based games etc... Browser games as you'd put it.

And why not? They're easy to pick up and play, I can devote 5 minutes or 5 hours to a game like that, depending on how well they are done. So yes, I have elements of a \"casual\" gamer in me.

We're all frickin' gamers whether it's flash-based or AAA titles such as Black Ops. Neither side is any less than the other. Funnily, it's only the \"hardcore\" (read: elitist\" ones who feel the need to put petty labels on others.

Since we're here...This is pretty accurate regarding the subject: xkcd.com/484/

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #32003 by black_magnolia
Kuroboshi wrote:

We're all frickin' gamers whether it's flash-based or AAA titles such as Black Ops. Neither side is any less than the other. Funnily, it's only the \"hardcore\" (read: elitist\" ones who feel the need to put petty labels on others.

Since we're here...This is pretty accurate regarding the subject: xkcd.com/484/

I agree with you!

I'd say hardcore gamers are the types that appreciate all kinds of games and play a lot, while casual gamers are those that play less games in general. And with games I mean any type of game, not only console or computer. There are a lot of table top games that have a huge fan base etc. and they also count as gamers!

This elitist shit is just useless; sorry for the language...

Back to topic: has anyone tried that Iron Maiden online game I've posted the link for earlier? ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #32005 by Kuroboshi
I tried it awhile back, I believe, it's set in space and you basically have to shoot and collect stuff, correct?

Played it when I got \"The Final Frontier\" limited edition and got pretty annoyed at it, controls were pretty iffy.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds