Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Magic: The Gathering

More
14 years 1 month ago #16377 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:Magic: The Gathering
I never started that game, I was always terrified by the image of an uncle of mine who had a whole room filled with cards...yet I loved killing my time by trying to read the inscription on every card in the room

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16400 by iHauntTheSepulchre
How would that be terrifying though? O.o

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 1 month ago #16663 by Noxae
If someone owns a room full of cards, the amount of time and money they've spent on collecting those IS terrifying, because it indicates an obsession and the lack of a life.
I can understand owning a few albums full of cards, but that is pretty different from owning a room full of them

More
14 years 1 month ago #16669 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Magic: The Gathering
But the time was well spent! Well, for me it has been... but I haven't spent everything I got on cards, but only play for fun and company. Gotta get some new cards tho... when I get money.

Sure, it can be a bit addictive, but if you're aware of what you're doing and how it affects you it wont be a big problem.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 1 month ago #16674 by Noxae
The time was well spent? Not in such extreme cases I believe, he could've lived his life a lot more
If you can limit yourself, it's true that it is ok, but since I used to be into card gaming until a few years ago, I know well how easily you end up spending hundreds of euros without noticing

More
14 years 1 month ago #16694 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Noxae wrote:

If someone owns a room full of cards, the amount of time and money they've spent on collecting those IS terrifying, because it indicates an obsession and the lack of a life.
I can understand owning a few albums full of cards, but that is pretty different from owning a room full of them

Ah, well I failed to think of that. I see what you mean now.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds