Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Second Life

More
13 years 7 months ago #25457 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Second Life
Kitessa76 wrote:

I occasionally log onto Second Life, but mainly for a laugh. My avatar is the freakiest, ugliest, weirdest looking thing, and I like to wander into the sex sims and creep people out ;)

Sex sims? :woohoo: Well..That's one of the strangest things I've heard in a while..

Do people pay for this game generally or is the paying part optional? :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25463 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Second Life
Envy wrote:

Sex sims? :woohoo: Well..That's one of the strangest things I've heard in a while..

Do people pay for this game generally or is the paying part optional? :blink:

They game is free, but there is a lot of optional stuff that you have to pay and a lot of people do pay that stuff.

Waste of money in my opinion.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #25465 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Second Life
black_magnolia wrote:

Zilknitha wrote:

I don't really understand it, is it a role playing game or is it a simulation of life as you would wish it to be?

Hmmm... It's more like a community. You make an avatar and then interact with other people. You have some applications where you can spend money (nothing surprising here). Maybe it's best to imagine it like myspace but you can \"walk\" around in a virtual place, but nothing special.

So it's essentially a giant chat room with avatars?

uk.gamespot.com/news/6162315.html

That's one of the things I was looking for. Not the exact one but roughly it. Unfortunately, the one I am looking for was from before I used StumbleUpon so it's a lot harder to find them.

www.wired.com/gaming/virtualworlds/news/2006/05/70909

money.cnn.com/2007/03/22/technology/fast...fe.fortune/index.htm

Couple more. Shows how seriously people take this. God, I could never get into this.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Kuroboshi.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #25469 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Second Life
Kuroboshi wrote:

So it's essentially a giant chat room with avatars?

I'll have to try find some interesting stuff regarding this game and edit it in.

Yup, essentially it's just that. I'd be glad if you can find something interesting about it, to me it sounds boring.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25475 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Second Life
I don't really understand the entertainment point or game element of it..Wouldn't people rather use the money to just..Get out there and create a 'second life' in 'real life' instead?

I mean..I've always told myself I don't want to die only having lived one life. I'd go travelling, see sights, get into hobbies, learn more about the world to give myself 'another life' that's real, so to speak!

More
13 years 7 months ago #25667 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re:Second Life
Hello world

I've seen basics of it, it seems scary to me. Life one isn't good enough try and make one that you can't have call it second life and forget your first?

But i heard people can make a living or do make a living off selling things in the game or something. You can convert their money into real cash, kinda cool.

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds