Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Steampunk

More
13 years 10 months ago #21881 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Steam Punk
Envy wrote:

Hah! I feel exactly the same way! I *adore* steampunk designs because they're so intricate and mesmerising, however, the colour scheme just doesn't suit me! I can't pull off golds/browns/beiges..All of my wardrobe is basically black and white.

I do, however, care not about colours when it comes to this steampunk dress. Regardless of my colour preferences, I WILL BUY IT SOMEDAY! :evil:

Wow! Nice dress! But I can imagine it is awfully expensive like everything at Bibian Blue. :(

It's a pity that we can't substitute the brown and gold for black and silver but I fear then we would get too near to cyberpunk and then the whole charm of the style would go up in smoke or steam. ;) lol

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21885 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Steam Punk
black_magnolia wrote:

Wow! Nice dress! But I can imagine it is awfully expensive like everything at Bibian Blue. :(

It's a pity that we can't substitute the brown and gold for black and silver but I fear then we would get too near to cyberpunk and then the whole charm of the style would go up in smoke or steam. ;) lol

Argh I know. I think that there is the option to have that dress in other colours like black and silver, however, it would ruin the whole steampunk charm of the dress..

Yup. The site says \"Gorgeous also in other colours if requested.\"

Gah! I want it so much! Although I dislike how natural light isn't used (I think. The general sepia-toned feel of the image confuses me). I just don't know *how* browny-coloured the dress is. As far as I'm aware, it looks antique-brassy but you can't really tell when unnatural light is used..

More
13 years 10 months ago #21886 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Steam Punk
Personally, I've loved Steampunk for a while now, I may be into cyberpunk movies more, but the Steampunk outfits have always caught my attention. (I was the one who got Envy interested in Steampunk.)

These in particular have caught my eye, I want them badly.

It's likely I'd get that too. It matches.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21909 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Steam Punk
Kuroboshi wrote:

Personally, I've loved Steampunk for a while now, I may be into cyberpunk movies more, but the Steampunk outfits have always caught my attention. (I was the one who got Envy interested in Steampunk.)

These in particular have caught my eye, I want them badly.

It's likely I'd get that too. It matches.

These two really underline the fact that it all comes down to the colours. If we substituted the brown/brass with silver or any other colour we would go cyber. lol
I can imagine some of my die hard steampunk fanatics screaming \"blasphemy!\" right now... XD

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21934 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Steam Punk
You're pretty much right about it coming down to the colours in the end.

If people can't see that, I pity them.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22183 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Steam Punk
I love steam punk, and I do have a lot of \"steampunky\" things, a lot of brass, copper, bronze, etc. With red hair, it actually looks good on me. I like mixing brown and black together, and even have some black things that are more washed out, faded looking, and that helps the steampunk look. Oh, and olive greens, too. I do find myself getting a lot more simply Victorian stuff, though. Since I don't have to run my entire life by a single ideal, I can wear whatever I want on any given day, and some days are just sepia toned.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds