Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Steampunk

More
14 years 2 months ago #15751 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Steam Punk
I'm sorry scootiebee, but I can understand why you didn't go. Sure, we don't have hurricane winds here, and they never really closed down the trains and busses, but the last week has been pure choas here. They closed half of the subways over here, and had no nearly enough busses out to make it work, which means no one got on time anywhere and had to wait for hours untill the train came...

In a newspaper they said \"People will tell their grandchildren about the winter of 2010...\" Normally we have a few cm of snow and at most -5 C, now we've had metres of snow and -15 to -20 C or more the last months... nothing has been working (except me, because I got a job!)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15775 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Steam Punk
Congrats on your job CorpseQueen! That's great. But I know what you mean, about remembering this winter. It has been bad luck all around. And if you throw in earthquakes (Haiti, and now Japan and Chile as well!), my daughter said today that 2010 is just a bad luck year. I agree so far! Hopefully things will look up soon. They say that good things follow bad, so hopefully it will be a very nice spring and beautiful summer.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21779 by cerberus1618
Replied by cerberus1618 on topic Re:Steam Punk
I'm a huge fan of steam punk. the ideals speak to me.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21850 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Steam Punk
I'm growing into steampunk more and more of lately, and just yesterday I saw that my favorite shop (swedish online one, Odium clothing) brought in a lot of steampunk-inspired things... the most interesting is the two corsets (I love corsets), one over- and one underbust, in real leather! I really like leather...
And the worst of all - I can afford those things. I got no reason not to buy it all... :dry:

But it's fun, really. I like silver more then gold, so most of my jewelry is in silver and white gold, but steampunk is mostly in brown and goldish colours... love brown, sure, but it's still a bit hard to make that change when all I got is black and silver, and the occational red.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 10 months ago #21858 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Steam Punk
I appreciate the style, especially what Alchemy did with jewellery, but I also have the problem with colours that hinders me from dabbing into the style myself. I don't like brown, gold can pass, but brown = yuck! :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21868 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Steam Punk
Hah! I feel exactly the same way! I *adore* steampunk designs because they're so intricate and mesmerising, however, the colour scheme just doesn't suit me! I can't pull off golds/browns/beiges..All of my wardrobe is basically black and white.

I do, however, care not about colours when it comes to this steampunk dress. Regardless of my colour preferences, I WILL BUY IT SOMEDAY! :evil:

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds