Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

What makes you goth?

More
14 years 2 months ago #13891 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:What makes you goth?
People mostly refer to me as a goth person when they see my non-comercial designs, because they tend to be about dark topics resolved in a dark and saddening, but cute way. But People I love and treasure the most also do that, not just because my wardrobe is made of black and red stuff, and hard music, but because of my appearance, attitude and humor, also my interests kind of match with the stereotype, and I have no \"hairs on my tongue\" (it's a figure of speech here, means I tend to say the hard truth). Generally, to be perfectly honest, if I need to choose what am I gonna be \"labeled\" as it would be goth. Also I see the world differently than general population does, and am glad for it.

But then again I would perhaps somewhat match with the nerd type, crazy artistic type, and workaholic type...and I am sure something else that I am not aware of, and it is perfectly normal :D nerdy goth that designs sites till morning :P HAHAHHAA, that's me!

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13904 by Kyle87
Replied by Kyle87 on topic Re:What makes you goth?
ah me not a typical goth, in truth i'd never call me a goth.

i wear what i like when i feel like it, nothing more..my personallity changes depending on what day/time of day and mood like with anyone else. most the time i hate people in general but love my friends and the new aquaintences of the day.

goth to me isn't black clothing and dark music. it has been and always will be in terms a religion as 'true' goths should believe even reveer the four horsemen of the apocolyps (four horseman doesn't mean four horseman will appear, but the the 4 causes with happen, War/Famine/Pestilance/Death) as in the time the goths were a civilization.

as modern goths got you can easily pose as goth with dark clothing and make-up, but a modern goth is attitued, mainly to life. like goths of old worshipped life and embraced death never fearing either (life can be harsh) goth are also the happiest people on earth, people just confuse the sadness of emos with goths...easy mistake i assume..

More
14 years 2 months ago #13907 by Kimberley89
Replied by Kimberley89 on topic Re:What makes you goth?
thats a heavy reply to a light-hearted topic babe B)
yes, i kno that i agree with it, so there :silly:

More
14 years 2 months ago #13908 by Bpagemom
Replied by Bpagemom on topic Re:What makes you goth?
These are all great responses. Yes, the term \"goth\" is easily mistaken as a person all agnsty and emo, wearing black and wishing for death. However, those of us that have been in the scene long enough know that's just not the case. I won't get preachy about it. I'll just say this:

Great replies... keep them coming. I am very intrigued to read what you all have to say. I don't feel anyone is wrong, considering I asked what you feel makes you goth, not what is right or wrong about why you think you're goth.

"You have no power over me"

More
14 years 2 months ago #13915 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What makes you goth?
I wouldn't define myself as 'a goth'..But my mentality is swayed towards the old fashioned and 'gothic'. It just comes naturally..The way you think, how you feel towards things..I fit in best with others who are gothic in the mind.

People say what I wear is 'gothic'..I don't know. Sometimes I can go out wearing a corset, skirt and platform boots..Which I can understand is 'gothic' I guess..But other times, I can be out in 'lolita' dresses and platform heels..Always with my teddy bear, and always wearing black and white..Yet people still call me 'a goth'!

I never have been able to explain why, but I have a strange love for all things black and white. My eyes and mind are automatically fixated on any black/white item I see..And I can completely ignore items that I would love to buy and wear if I see something black and white nearby. It just distracts me.

..It's quite hard to find clothes that are black/white, especially with black being the main colour and white used for detailing. :S

More
14 years 2 months ago #13920 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:What makes you goth?
I guess it would be my interests that make me \"goth\", moreso than my appearance. I wear dark colours and lots of jewellry, and dark eyeshadow and lipstick, but I look more like a rocker chick than a goth. And I listen to hard rock and thrash metal, rather than the usual goth bands.

My house looks goth though... it's painted in dark, jewel tone colours, and I have AG artwork all over the place, as well as all kinds of skulls, dragons, etc. I love horror movies and books, and the darker side of life in general.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds