Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

What makes you goth?

More
14 years 2 months ago #13921 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:What makes you goth?
I'm me, and people around me are also themselfs, and I never really discuss what I or they am. They never call me a goth, and I rather call myself a nerd... because even tho I dress in black and love corsets, I'm more a nerd then anything. I spend my days playing videogames (when I'm not here or baking...) and the more nerdy humour is for me the most fun. I love Red vs Blue, for example :blush:

If people call me goth, or think of me as it, well, they're free to do so as long as their respectfull against me. I'll even set up with being called emo, if it wheren't such a bad thing. Nowdays, calling someone emo is pretty much as bad as whore or alike.
The fun thing is that I never where interested in death, or skulls, or most things associated with goths. I'm more into madness and steampunk and superheroes. But I dress in black... oh, this much be so hard to understand for the normal people :P

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13946 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:What makes you goth?
Well, I must say I often look the part. I have a fierce love of the victorian asthetic as well as jewel tones and the ever important black. I also love many facets of the musical culture. I think, however, it is more my outlook on life that would leave me in the considerations of goth-hood. By no means am I obsessed with death but, I am well aware of it's roll in life and do not fear it. So I find no fault in adorning oneself in aspects of the grave. I wear my heart on my sleeve so to speak. I think the misconception that all goths are depressed and suicidal comes from the fact that many are all too aware of the horrible things that can cross one's path in a lifetime. And how can your past not imprint on your future in such aspects as your garb. It's showing a little of what is on the inside, that is all . . .

More
14 years 2 months ago #13961 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:What makes you goth?
I also love the charms of the Victorian era, and even older eras, and enjoy dressing in period or old-fashioned clothing. Anything from the dark ages through the Victorian era is up for grabs. I love to feel dressed up, and to be something out of the ordinary for people to see during their day. I have had so many people come up to me to ask about my clothes, and it always makes me happy to share my love of the unusual with anyone bold enough to ask politely.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13975 by vampirelycanthrope13
I love the music, the literature, the film and the culture that is typically regarded as goth. I can have a darker sense of humour and i have a love of halloween. A lot of my clothes could be considered goth, although depending on the weather and how i feel, some days i may be more punk, more goth, or more 'normally dressed'(but usually with at least some alchemy jewellery or a band shirt, or badges or something of the like). I'm not 100% goth, but i dress for myself, and like music that i like, not just liking or wearing stuff from a checklist to specifically fit in with one particular group, just like i don't dress like 'normal' people.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13994 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:What makes you goth?
vampirelycanthrope13 wrote:

just liking or wearing stuff from a checklist to specifically fit in with one particular group

What a great phrase! It seems like a lot of people, younger people in particular, do just that. There's a \"uniform\" for whatever group you're trying to fit into, and if you're missing any pieces, then you are looked down upon by the \"____* than thou\" members of that group.

*insert group here... heavier, gothier, preppier, whatever...

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #13998 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What makes you goth?
Morgana wrote:

vampirelycanthrope13 wrote:

just liking or wearing stuff from a checklist to specifically fit in with one particular group

What a great phrase! It seems like a lot of people, younger people in particular, do just that. There's a \"uniform\" for whatever group you're trying to fit into, and if you're missing any pieces, then you are looked down upon by the \"____* than thou\" members of that group.

*insert group here... heavier, gothier, preppier, whatever...

Ahh..I understand that completely. It irritates me when people do that..It's unnatural, especially when people claim they're being independent and unique whilst wearing a group 'uniform'.

I've never fitted in with a group for looks or mentality. :woohoo: I was never proud of it until I found similar-minded people, as when you're younger, 'fitting in' seems to be a huge social acceptance thing if you wanted friends.. Now I'm proud there's no group I fit into as I have friends who are similar mentally anyway, and I'm just proud that I'm not afraid to be myself around others who conform to the looks and behaviours of 'group leaders'.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds