Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

What makes you goth?

More
14 years 3 months ago #13845 by Bpagemom
Ok... so I'm new, and what better way to get to know the natives than to ask a question that will peak the interests of those on here? Right? Right.
So... I ask you all...

What makes you goth?

It's only fair that I answer this question myself, I'm sure.
So... my answer...
I get surprised, actually, when people refer to me as goth. If you look in my closet or around my apartment, I am very eclectic, for sure, but not predominantly goth. I enjoy a bit of rockabilly, punk and a chic, fashion runway sense of fashion. However, if I really look, I can see an overall sense of gothdom in my decorating and clothing. So, what makes me goth? I am a misfit, the black sheep so to speak. I also wear a lot of black and deep, dark colors. I do have a passion for gothic music and similar underground bands or 80's music. I go to any goth club when I can... love to dance. I love the night, and I can be caught enjoying serenity and peace by wandering a cemetery, day or night.
Oh... I have a sense of humor that you just don't find outside the circles of goth type people.

"You have no power over me"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13861 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:What makes you goth?
Bonsoir new sister Bpagemom,

Be welcome here.

I am exactly like you! Except me, to find peace, I go to a tree.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13864 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:What makes you goth?
Almost like you ... I am a \"former-punkette\" and since I am with My Man I found the middle Goth and I love it!

More
14 years 2 months ago #13875 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:What makes you goth?
I never really thought of myself as goth until recently. I am definitely more eclectic in my style, as you said, but I trend toward unusual things, dark things, and spooky things. I also enjoy old-fashioned styles, and whimsical things you don't see every day (bats, spiders, and skeletons make my everyday decor and wardrobe more often than your average person). My humor is dark, and my clothes mostly are also. And when the kids at my daughter's school started referring to me as \"the Goth Lady\" I figured I must be goth!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #13877 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:What makes you goth?
Being out of the scene club wise for yrs before returning in 2008, and not following the usual trends that has overnight transformed individuals to our culture....my background, appearence, demeanor, my joys, embracements and passions...this started long before the scene(sub-culture) was even created. Being as ones considered our path you can always imaginge the stereo types, but it is more than black, it is about more than death, sadness, or the unexplained....it is the gripping passion of knowing, being, seeing more than what is before. Seperating yourself past the feeble presence thrown before you in this materialistic society and in suttle brilliance shine above the meek and meager...I as one of many embrace my Loving family wishing to enjoy the fruits of excellence for all eternity...Brother Knumpcy....

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by knumpcy.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13888 by iHauntTheSepulchre
I don't generally think of myself as a Goth but after so many people referred to me as being Goth, I just sorta took it. I suppose it's because I like the darker things in life and can get into very dark moods. I tend to wear a lot of black but that's because I'm always so cold and the colour black absorbs more heat than any other colour (physics nerd XP).

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds