Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Occult Philosophy

More
14 years 2 months ago #15543 by NIFER
Replied by NIFER on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
Deakon.Frost, you are absolutely right. No need to prove anything to anyone. Each has its own truth.
So I will sit in silence ... *sat in the chair and began to listen to others*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #15845 by Jeremiah1
Replied by Jeremiah1 on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
I don't really believe in belief. lol

However, I can tell you what I suspect.
That there is, indeed, an \"otherside\" to this reality.
That somehow, it runs backwards in \"time\" to this one.
That surrounding all of this is a mind that gazes upon us all.
And that this mind is somehow us--that we are instruments of
experiencing this reality for it.
Ironically enough, this mind is compassionate and malleable--so that if one person
believes it to be \"Allah\", for just one example, it will BE Allah
for that person. But only for that person's experience.
Then, when that person returns to this mind at death,
it's like a drop of water falling into the sea.
He is it and it is him. (or her, of course.)

Naturally, I could be (and probably am) wrong about all of this.

(42!)

More
14 years 1 month ago #15916 by Kyle87
Replied by Kyle87 on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
no, deakons even sed it no such thing as wrong.

and thx deakon i actually feel a bit better after you saying that.

the truth we believe is the ONLY truth we need to believe, simple as.

not really much point in trying to explain then really ....

More
14 years 1 month ago #15943 by raidohaglaz
Replied by raidohaglaz on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
So what about the collective consciousness, primordial memories of symbols and rituals that everyone shares, things that ring true to everyone. Around the earth, you will find that every religion, in it's core, shares similar traits. Symbols for the sun aren't too different around the globe, you can find pentagrams and swastikas pretty much anywhere.
Somewhere deep inside their is some kind of well, or maybe it's a library of sorts, that contains all the information about the divine. We all know it, but not all of can access it. Not at the same level anyway. And although it might come out in slightly different forms, we are always talking about the same thing.
We all worship the divine within, which is also outside of us. We worship the sun and the moon. Even Christianity does in the form of Jesus, whose myth is partially based on that of Mithras. Mary would probably be the moon, in her role of comforting mother. She is the maiden, the purest white.

I just mean to say, there is a reason to discuss each others beliefs. We can help each other find the core, see the way we all mold the cosmic archetypes to our own needs, but still aren't able to divert too much from them, as that would make them both untrue and impossible.
And enter alchemy.
Discussing it is like dissecting it, distilling from the stories and different views the one truth they all hold. Different religions are like different ways of treating the substance that is truth. Distilling, dissolving, extracting, mixing. Religion is the glass through which we perceive the truth. It is like a pair of binoculars, to draw closer the image of the one divine. Because even if our subconcious might grasp the concept, our waking consciousness often does not. It receives too many signals to focus on it and becomes conditioned to expect alot of signals, so it won't perceive something that it both single and pure. It needs form and motion and direction. It needs to be entertained, to be explained in its simple, mundane, mortal language the concept of the one divine. We need religion and belief, rituals and symbols to be able to attune with something which is beyond our waking existence. We are blind and we need the guiding hand of worship and prayer to show us where to look and what to look for.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16024 by Zilknitha
Replied by Zilknitha on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
I agree with you raidohaglaz, and with talking to each other we discover what we belive/know ourselves without the human ego getting in the way. However, why call it occult philosophy? Just out of curriosity.

I always think of each religon as a different lessons in the universe.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16060 by Kyle87
Replied by Kyle87 on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
i can never get what im trying to say across..im not good with words it terms of telling my beliefs for you to learn what i believe true.

though you are right, and i touched on the subject that all religions focus on pretty much the same thing. so i do and dont understand relgion wars. for the reasons they all believe the same thing, but becuase they are on different paths thats where these wars manifest from..sucks really.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds