Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Occult Philosophy

More
14 years 3 months ago #12888 by deakon.frost
Replied by deakon.frost on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
Highwayman

And maybe not true, since any theory requires evidence, you can bring an argument in favor of statements with which you agree? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12898 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
Well, that's why I stated that I liked Religious philosophy as well. Occult and religion are two different beliefs to me. I'm not big into the occult, a lot of it seems like something that people with ceremonial needs do. I don't need ceremony to achieve what I want. I'm just more of a religious person, learning about different morals and outlooks on life. One of the most simple questions is \"The Meaning of Life\" For millions of years no one cared about why we were here. It was always \"Survive and Reproduce\" Plain and simple, yet philosophers seek more, when the answer is right in front of their noses.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12904 by deakon.frost
Replied by deakon.frost on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
The main difference between religion and the occult philosophy in the fact that religion is created for large numbers of people, while the occult (the present) may engage in one, while all the other people they do not understand the fear (and all that they can not explain) and the persecuted. This is the way a secret mission Amzera, the hero of Alchemy (which also is an occult science).

The meaning of life of every free thinking man is the search for \"truth\".
На моем языке это называется ИСТИНА.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12936 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
I never really got why that question is so big. The reason of life is to live, and as I don't believe in any higher thing, life is just a freak of nature. Mother nature want to live, but without life, she can't live.

Occult is always interesting, and even tho I may not believe in anything of it (more or less) I enjoy learning more about it. If nothing else, it's a good way of getting a view on how humans work. I've always been interested in that, as I tend to not know as much as I need...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #14440 by NIFER
Replied by NIFER on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
Deakon Frost, ;) have you read the books of Carlos Castaneda?:) I personally listened to the audiobook.
I'm talking about the teachings of Don Juan. I think not everyone can master this technique, only those (such as Carlos Castaneda), who by nature have the ability. And thanks to teachers like Don Juan, our ability should develop, if you want to achieve something more and understand the meaning of life.
It is difficult now to find a Worthy Teacher... :unsure:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by NIFER.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15005 by Eskelde09
Replied by Eskelde09 on topic Re:Occult Philosophy
I think maybe you're looking at it wrong; you don;t find a master and learn what he -or she- knows. You find people throughout your life who tell you what they believe and why, and in some cases you agree and others you don't, but you always think about it. Of magic and Magick especially this is true; there isn't some great truth that will unlock ultimate power. There is a great truth that no-one can ever really understand, and from that stems religion and competing 'superpowers'. So it's not really learning what one master can do and how, but learning what he believes and why. If you agree, you can follow those self-imposed rules to great power; if not, you have to believe in something else.

In my humble opinion.

 cantates, avito

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds