Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Elisa

More
14 years 6 months ago #6576 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Elisa
Bonsoir sister Black-magniolia,

sorry but \"ham\" it said this \"proscuito\" in Italian and \"Parma ham\" (or proscuito di Parma) is very famous.

Mes hommages.

T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6578 by black_serenity
Replied by black_serenity on topic Re:Elisa
black_magnolia wrote:

And Parma is famous for it's cheese!!! Parma gave the cheese it's name or was it the other way around? Am I right Elisa, or am I right? XD

Parma is famous both for cheese (Parmigiano) and pork ham (Prosciutto) :)
it's possible that cheese is more famous than ham because the name \"Parmigiano\":
the word \"Parmigiano\" is the same word that we use to call people who lives in Parma (as you call Dubliner who lives in Dublin).

More
14 years 6 months ago #6579 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Elisa
I know, brother Thurysaz! But I just don't like the English word \"ham\" as it has a too wide meaning (in my ears at least); this is maybe also because of the Croatian language where we differ \"šunka\" as in cooked/smoked/etc. ham and \"pršut\" which is specially the word for proscuito. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6580 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Elisa
Got a poster by Frances as well, a vampire girl with mouth wide open and a cross around her neck, sitting down on the forest floor in something like a weddingdress.

Not my favorite, but she has some nice pictures

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #6639 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Elisa
Bonjour sister Black-magniolia,

In my country, Belgium, the french word for proscuito is: Jambon.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6651 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Elisa
Happy Birthday. Wel here in Texas, USA it is....think its almost over there where you live Elisa! Have a good day and believe me, if I can decipher my grandmothers handwriting, your english could never be that bad...so keep trying and you will have enough practice..or write some Italian and we will work with you...French is hard enough....I have a French to English dictionary. I will go buy a Italian to English dictionary too. And if my two Croatian friends didn't write such good english I would have that dictionary as well.....don't feel bad and have a great 20th BDAY!!! :ohmy:

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds