Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

A peek inside a GriM mind.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #5311 by GriM
Why Grim? Well, It's a description of myself in a single word.

About me;
My real name is Charles (I know, a typical english name), people call me Charlie or those I've known for a while call me GriM. I am 18 years old from England and am currently studying at college and I intend to study Physics at university.
I like reading mainly fantasy and some sci-fi books, and always have something on the go.(need a bigger bookcase)
I have recently Finished Book 12 of the Wheel of Time series only to find the series is not finished:S
In my spare time, if i'm not reading, i'm playing computer games (strategy, RPG, FPS and some others).
Also I used to be a fairly good pianist, but my keyboard broke 2 years ago and I haven't been able to get a new one since, so I am very rusty...

Well, there's an introduction.
You know the drill, if you have questions - ask away.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by GriM. Reason: Spelling mistakes xP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5313 by cemwerewolf
Welcome!

So you're an avid reader are you? I can sympathize with the full bookcase scenario myself. But I'm always looking for new tomes to add to the collection. Do you have a favorite book? Or are there any books you'd suggest to other avid readers?

More
14 years 6 months ago #5318 by CorpseQueen
I have a bad habbit of buying books, but diong other things on my free time then read... ending up with me owning a few books I haven't read, even tho they're a few years old. Trying to change that tho...
And to the problem with a full bookchase - I push my books as far in as I can, then add another line... :blush:

Myself, I got the name that's been battling for the first place in the most-popular names section, with ONE other name for the last 50 years or so... There's always another one with the same name in any of my classes. So I kinda recognice it... but it's nice to know that people just can't spell it wrong ;) it's another thing with my lastname tho... :huh:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #5325 by anastasia13
Grim, nice to meet u...so did you have a chance to read my idea about all the Order of Algoth meeting in England? The hub of our forum? Maybe you can do some scouting for us when you have free time to find a well priced place and post the information on here? Only if you want....Shooting for next fall maybe...find some good stuff for us too do?

What else do you read? Have you read Terry Goodkind Sword of Truth series? I love Mordsith...they are so good at being bad..

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5332 by Aftermidnight
Where abouts do you live in England GriM? It would be a bit cool if it turned out we went to the same college! If unlikely. What subjects are you taking?

More
14 years 6 months ago #5355 by black_magnolia
Welcome to the forum, Grim!

I had the same problem with a bookcase, well more the problem of a lacking bookcase, but I had one custom made and all my books are now happy for having their own place. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds