Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Hey =)

More
14 years 3 months ago #13480 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Hey =)
EmmaLee28 wrote:

Hehe that's alright. Yes, Quebec is in Canada, and it's the only province whose official language is French. I live in Quebec City, which is the capital of Quebec province (REALLY original on the names :P) Where do you live?

Aah..I'm in Leicester in the UK. :( Quite far from any scenic places..I love Canada and places near there..I recall being able to see mountains on the horizon whilst I was in Seattle. It's similar in Wales..You can always see mountains on the horizon..But in Leicester? Bah. You see nothing but buildings. >.<

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13530 by EmmaLee28
Replied by EmmaLee28 on topic Re:Hey =)
Hmm I've always wanted to go to the UK...I've only been out of Canada once, and that was for a school trip to New York. I have this dream of touring Europe...like ALL of it :P

I'm only wearing black until they invent something darker :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #13536 by Envy
EmmaLee28 wrote:

Hmm I've always wanted to go to the UK...I've only been out of Canada once, and that was for a school trip to New York. I have this dream of touring Europe...like ALL of it :P

Well, I've never been to New York. :P There's coincidentally a college trip there this summer, but I chose not to go because most of the younger kids took the places and I'd feel awkward amongst them. Much rather go with my family.

The UK can be pretty interesting if you're into countryside, woodland, castles, manor houses etc. :) My auntie lives in the US and she adores coming to England to see the castles (apparently there aren't/aren't many things like that in the US? I don't know.) so I would imagine it'd be a sight for someone coming from Canada too. Wales and Scotland are much nicer generally, though. Better scenery in my opinion, and smaller populations.

I don't know about you, but I really prefer places with less people. :S

More
14 years 3 months ago #13538 by EmmaLee28
Yeah I prefer places with less people too. The thing that attracts me to Europe and UK and whatnot is exactly that - castles:P Canada and the US are pretty equal for touristy things, and there are NO castles here, at least none like in Europe.
I also love the accent hehe

More
14 years 3 months ago #13544 by Envy
:woohoo: People always say that! But I can't hear any accent in particular! I mean..Regional ones, yes, but..English?

I always feel it's over-exaggerated when people attempt 'English' accents on TV etc...Or they imitate the Queen. We don't all talk like the Queen! Not at all!

Just thought I'd voice my opinion there..*Ahem*..

I quite like manor houses. :P (I can walk around and imagine I lived there and was rich in another life)..I think I'd want to get married in a manor house..I know 'Chatsworth House' does weddings..Not found one that's prettier yet..

And regarding UK accents - I do have a big big soft spot for Scottish accents..*Swoon*.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13548 by EmmaLee28
Hehe, the English accent is pretty strong, or at least we Canadians hear it. Scottish accents are cool too, though much stronger. But it's normal for people not to see any accents in their own language. People will tell me I have an accent, being an Anglophone-Quebecer, and i don't see any at all.
I like the French accent though, as long as we're in Europe. My boyfriend is French, and my family is Quebecois, so the accent at first was crazy! I had trouble understanding my boyfriend's family. Now that's past though and I'm fluent in both dialects, but at the beginning it was weird.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds