Show Navigation Menu
Media

Scariest Horror Movie Moment Ever!

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #7576 by TricksterShade
The Shining, especially the scene when the child is riding his tricycle along the corridor. Not beacuse of the blood and gore, but the bg music and the atmosphere. Makes your hair stand up :S
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by TricksterShade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7592 by Highwayman
Lots of people say the Shining was really scary but i thought it was average.
I would say jason jumping out of the lake at the end of Friday the 13th.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7594 by vampirelycanthrope13
The bit in the thing where the guys head comes off and grows legs creeps me out a bit, but i can never resist coming back to watch the movie again :)
Also, the bit in the Fly (1980s version) where he turns into the fly is awesome but kinda freaky too.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7631 by SkieShauphen
Yeah, the Shining didn't bother me either. One freaky movie was Silence with the creepy possessed dolls. The part near the end where the clown doll is sitting in the chair freaked me out when it started rocking on it's own in the chair.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7643 by Aftermidnight
Highwayman wrote:

Lots of people say the Shining was really scary but i thought it was average.
I would say jason jumping out of the lake at the end of Friday the 13th.

There's some jumpy bits in The Shining but that really is a slow-burner of a horror. I read in a review once that it works by stealth; that's a good way of describing the way it builds up a scary atmosphere. And it has good ending; always essential.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7681 by Morgana
I can't think of any particular moments that stand out as being \"scariest\". I always find the aftermath of a horror movie to be more nerve-wracking. My imagination tends to be really fired up after having watched something scary, so I'm much more jumpy than usual then... seeing things out of the corner of my eye, hearing strange noises, etc.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds