Show Navigation Menu
Media

Literature

More
14 years 6 months ago #5105 by Lonecrow
Replied by Lonecrow on topic Favorite books
Which are your favorite books ever?
Talk a little about them if you like

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9073 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Favorite books
I loved Philip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' trilogy..It was well written and despite being fantasy-based, it wasn't to the point of being cheesy (there was a lot of ideas about physics and philosophy in it).

Well..It wasn't cheesy until it was turned into a children's movie. Always preferred books to the film versions. *Sulks*

More
14 years 3 months ago #12362 by DiesIrae666
Replied by DiesIrae666 on topic Re:Favorite books
I like lot kinds of books. Actually I'm reading books of H.P. Lovecraft and Stephen King (I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about :P )

More
14 years 3 months ago #12388 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Favorite books
Definitely Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet, it's the perfect book balanced around very witty humor and great story plots twists and turns, it's the only book I read over and over again.
Runner up and a recommendation to all of ya would be Herman Hesse's Damien - its not popular but it is phenomenal.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #12677 by NIFER
Replied by NIFER on topic Re:Favorite books
I like the mystical novels. My favorite writers Mikhail Bulgakov \"The Master and Margarita\" and Howard Lovecraft (almost all the novels) :)
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by NIFER.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12679 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Favorite books
Nine princes in Amber by Roger Zelazny.

The story begins when Corwin wakes up amnesiac in a hospital and that as and when it finds the memory he realizes he s not a People of the earth but a prince of Amber.

This book is appeared in 1970 and has served much to develop what is now called the \"heroic fantasy\"

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds