Show Navigation Menu
Media

Literature

More
14 years 7 months ago #3831 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Books
Pretty much any book pertaining to mythology will grab my interest in a heartbeat. I do tend to gravitate mostly toward fantasy novels but I do quite enjoy old fairy tales and stories. I think my favorite books would have to be a series by Jane Lindskold that I call the wolf series for lack of a better term. It starts with a book called Through Wolf's Eyes. She's created an expansive world with a huge amount of characters which are all given life - they aren't just dropped into the backgrond to be scenery. It's quite enjoyable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3832 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Books
I love lots of books. I like Arthur Conan Doyle, Bram Stoker, Charles Dickens, Stephen King, Laruell Hamilton, the Sookie Stackhouse books, Jim Butcher, Agatha Christie, Nero Wolfe series, Umberto Eco, Shakespeare, Poe, Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky,Dumas, Hugo, and basically anything mystery, horror, fantasy, history, thriller, etc. I will read anything if it is good. I try to read at least 2 books a week, sometimes as many as four or 5.

Some of my favorites are Perfume (by Patrick Suskind) and Dracula.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3926 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Books
I think what I like the most are realistic novels, but I enjoy a great variety of books, from poetry to philosphy to fantasy and mithology. My favourite books are: The Possesed and the Idiot by Dostoievski (that's how we spell his name here in Romania), Midnight's Children and The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie (I just love the way he weaves history, mithology religion and humour in his books), The Palgue by Camus, Baudelaire's Les Fleurs Du Mal, Justine, Crimes of Love, the 120 days of Sodom by de Sade and Carrie by Stephen King, without forgetting that Poe's wonderful poems and stories soothe my souls like no other piece of writing.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 7 months ago #3939 by Tremein
Replied by Tremein on topic Re:Books
Anything by Terry Preatchett or David Eddings.
Also the Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony.
The first five are the best. Books six and seven were a bit weird though.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3946 by vampirelycanthrope13
Replied by vampirelycanthrope13 on topic Re:Books
I love reading, but don't often have much time for it. I recently enjoyed Fell by David Clement Davies, It was a fantasy with sort of a medieval setting with a girl who had a telepathic link to a wolf called Fell. It was a pretty enjoyable book, and I prefered it to the sight, which comes before Felll. I mostly enjoy reading sci-fi, horror, fantasy, or historical stuff.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3950 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:Books
My personal favorite is Perfume-the story of a murder. But I also liked The shack too.

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds