Show Navigation Menu
Media

Literature

More
14 years 10 months ago #138 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Literature
I've read a couple of books by Marie Kiraly, which were pretty good. The first was called Mina... she took up the story of Mina Harker from where Dracula left off. She also did the same thing with Madeleine, from Poe's Fall of the House of Usher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #163 by Morgana
Neil Gaiman's work is very good... a friend of mine positively raves about his Sandman series. I have a collection of his short stories called Smoke and Mirrors, but I'm looking for more.

The Coraline post on the movies topic reminded me of him.

More
14 years 10 months ago #167 by nay.mayfair
Replied by nay.mayfair on topic Re:Literature
Anne Rice, and who knows?
I am now reading your book (fantastic) The Witching Hour, simply loved the story and follows it with books Lash and Taltos.

More
14 years 10 months ago #169 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Literature
The novel of Stardust by Neil Gaiman is really good (not for kids, mind...). It's quite short so it's a nice small diverting read in between heavier novels.

Isn't The Witching Hour part of Anne Rice's other series of horror novels? Having finished Interview with the Vampire ('mazing) I'm adding all her books to my official to-read pile.

More
14 years 10 months ago #173 by Morgana
The Witching Hour is part of Anne Rice's \"Lives of the Mayfair Witches\" series... Lasher and Taltos are the other two in the main group. She also wrote a couple of others later that deal with some of the same characters (Merrick, Blackwood Farm and Blood Canticle).

I own, or have read, just about everything she wrote. I love how she weaves different characters from her other books into each story. You never know who might pop up where.

More
14 years 10 months ago #263 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:Literature
I am absolutely, undeniably and unequivocally addicted to the Dragonlance series :) If you're a fan of fantasy literature you'll almost surely love this, it's a fairly easy and relaxing read for the summer yet so intense at the same time. I love how well developed all the characters are, especially Raistlin (you'll know who i'm talking about if you pick up any of the main books). I'd actually recommend you to start reading at the Raistlin Chronicles (2 books: The Soulforged, Brothers in Arms) and then going onto the main Dragonlance trilogy (Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night, Dragons of Spring Dawning). It's a really addictive series :) Even Nightwish's songs Wishmaster, The Kinslayer and Wanderlust are about Dragonlance (there's probably more, those are just the ones i can think of atm), and even Blind Guardian has a song about Raistlin (The Soulforged). Every fantasy fan should read at least the main trilogy!

The dream is alive...

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds