Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favourite gothic rock band?

More
14 years 11 months ago #115 by Morgana
I like a lot of the bands already mentioned here, Type O and Evanescence especially. I'd also include Mercyful Fate and King Diamond... the vocals are definitely an acquired taste, but Abigail is a pretty creepy album.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #116 by nay.mayfair
since the singer was seeking photos of Type O Negative ... oh my God! :blush:
what it was, hahahaha ...
had a picture that is better I do not comment ... :side:
I thought well weird!

More
14 years 11 months ago #118 by Aftermidnight
I just Youtubed King Diamond (Abigail). Not bad at all, made me think of what Judas Priest would sound like if they corpse-painted their faces. His voice is pretty impressive for the kind of music it is, usually it's growls or shrieks. So it was a nice refreshing change =]

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #133 by RavenDarkmoon
Any one ever heard of the band Nightwish? Or the band Lacuna Coil?
I don't know if you could put them in the category of \"Gothic\" but they are defiantly
different than the \"normal\" stuff out there.
To me the music is like metal with a dash of opera in it.
Well I don't know about a dash of opera, they might be a little to much on
the \"opera\" side for most heavy metal people but I like them.

So give me a shout out of you heard of them. It be nice to know Im not there only fan.. :)
Raven
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by RavenDarkmoon.

More
14 years 11 months ago #135 by Aftermidnight
Why yes, heard of Nightwish and Lacuna Coil. Nightwish's singer Tarja was actually a trained opera soprano so it's no surprise they sound very operatic. They even covered Phantom of the Opera!

More
14 years 11 months ago #139 by RavenDarkmoon
Aftermidnight wrote:

Why yes, heard of Nightwish and Lacuna Coil. Nightwish's singer Tarja was actually a trained opera soprano so it's no surprise they sound very operatic. They even covered Phantom of the Opera!

I didn't not know she was trained soprano. I guess it true, you learn some thing new every day.
I should of figured she had some kind of training. There are some pretty high notes she hits on some of them songs.
They send goose bumps down my back. :)

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds