Show Navigation Menu
Media

Dracula

More
13 years 10 months ago #21853 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Dracula
Malkie wrote:

Hello world

I've not actually read the book, is it worth finding, and if so any clues where? :D i've watched the movie! damn good stuff, and i know the history behind it. Soooo now for the book.

If you're reffering to the original written by Bram Stoker, then yes it's worth the read and you can find it in any bookshop in the classics department. I know that Penguin has a really cheap copy, like 4 us dollars, so you don't have to go bankrupt purchasing some fancy hard cover if you're not sure about the book...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21874 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Dracula
black_magnolia wrote:

Malkie wrote:

Hello world

I've not actually read the book, is it worth finding, and if so any clues where? :D i've watched the movie! damn good stuff, and i know the history behind it. Soooo now for the book.

If you're reffering to the original written by Bram Stoker, then yes it's worth the read and you can find it in any bookshop in the classics department. I know that Penguin has a really cheap copy, like 4 us dollars, so you don't have to go bankrupt purchasing some fancy hard cover if you're not sure about the book...

And if you're referring to the sequel, written by Stoker's descendant, I've seen it in Chapters in Canada, so I would imagine it's available in pretty much any bookstore. I haven't read it yet though... $40 for the hardcover version is a bit much, considering I don't know if it's any good or not. If I see it cheap, in paperback, I'd definitely nab it.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #21877 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Dracula
Morgana wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Malkie wrote:

Hello world

And if you're referring to the sequel, written by Stoker's descendant, I've seen it in Chapters in Canada, so I would imagine it's available in pretty much any bookstore. I haven't read it yet though... $40 for the hardcover version is a bit much, considering I don't know if it's any good or not. If I see it cheap, in paperback, I'd definitely nab it.

Uh, $40 is really much, I generally don't give more then $30 for a hardcover and only if I'm very sure the book is worth it.
Also, if there isn't a copy of either book in your local bookshop, you can always ask them to order it for you.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds